Why become a member? ×

Steve Harris Precision

Rayman

I was tempted to buy one recently, but why is this CIJ Precision a grand? Custom paint maybe?

It looks like a great bass, and plays nicely (there's one in Sounds Great in Heald Green), but pricey for a Japanese bass surely?

[quote name='Rayman' post='549988' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:29 AM']I was tempted to buy one recently, but why is this CIJ Precision a grand? Custom paint maybe?

It looks like a great bass, and plays nicely (there's one in Sounds Great in Heald Green), but pricey for a Japanese bass surely?[/quote]
Andertons have 1 in stock at £880 - still a lot but not a grand :) [url="http://www.andertons.co.uk/FenderSteveHarrisIronMaidenPBassinRoyalBlueinstock/pid11048/cid560/FenderSteveHarrisIronMaidenPBassinRoyalBlueinstock.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=pricecomp&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping"]http://www.andertons.co.uk/FenderSteveHarr...=GoogleShopping[/url]

As for the price, standard MIJ basses have gone through the roof on currency - a 70RI P-bass that would have ben £599 a year or so ago is now about £800, give or take, from the importers. Beyond that, I know not

[quote name='Buzz' post='550148' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:20 PM']You could always plump for the previous version of his sig p-bass, in West Ham colours :)[/quote]
That first edition of the Steve Harris bass was really very good. They change hands for twice what they originally cost now.

Merchant city in Glasgow have one and by god it`s well sparkly!! I think that it`s not that bad a price when you consider that a lot of the Jap P`s are as good if not better build quality than their Us counterparts. And you get the SD and Badass.

Jez

[quote name='Bay Splayer' post='550350' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:15 PM']claret and blue.....quality colours :)[/quote]

I thought you might say that :rolleyes: . It's a pity there isn't a bass with red and white stripes, just like the mighty potters.