Why become a member? ×

NEW! Fender TV Series Valve Bass amps?

Grissle

[quote name='thodrik' post='547189' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:05 AM']I admire them a bit for going totally against the portability craze thats currently going on. They really do look like heavy duty cabs designed for the road rather than 'getting as much gear in the back of a taxi/mate's car' type of gigs. I'm probably more impressed by the cabs than the amps to be honest. This is all on purely cosmetics just now though.[/quote]
I think you're looking at the wrong cabs - the new Bassman TV stuff looks like this:

The cabs you can see in the background are Fender's existing range.

I think the new ones are all tube.

Never really tried Fender for bass amps. Their guitar amps have some of the BEST cleans ever...great for blues and indie....but never ventured into their bass gear, (despite the fact my favourite Fender 'guitar' amp is actually the bassman, originally a bass amp!)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='547145' date='Jul 21 2009, 11:08 PM']Don't get too excited... I think they're hybrid.

It's early days but they're screaming 'all style, no substance!' at me...[/quote]

Now that I'm looking at the right amps, I'd pretty much endorse this view!

They will probably be okay, but I'm just a bit sick of the 'new but looks really vintage' vibe.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='547260' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:36 AM']I think you're looking at the wrong cabs - the new Bassman TV stuff looks like this:

The cabs you can see in the background are Fender's existing range.[/quote]

I have the guitar version of this. Its 5w All Valve. Nice little practice amp. Ped and I have mucked about by playing bass through it and its not too bad. Might have to get the matching bass version now though!

It seems this one is a hybrid.

Fender Bassman TV Ten Combo Specifications

* Amp Type: Hybrid Bass Amplifier Combo (12AX7 Vacuum-Tube Preamp/Efficient Class-D Power Amp)
* Output: 150 Watts
* Ohms: 4 ohms
* Speakers: 1-10 inch Celestion Green Label Ferrite Bass speaker, 4 ohm, 200 watt power rating
* Channel(s): 1 Channel
* Controls: Volume, Bass, Mid, Treble
* Covering: Lacquered tweed covering with reinforced vintage style TV, Panel cloth grille
* Weight: 38.05 lbs. 17.26 kg
* Height: 18 inches, (45.72 cm)
* Width: 20 inches, (50.8 cm)
* Depth: 11.75 inches, (29.845 cm)
* Tubes: 12AX7 (preamp)

Fender Bassman TV Ten Combo Amplifier Features

* 2 inputs (input 2 -6dB pad)
* XLR output with ground lift
* Rear Ported Cabinet
* Lacquered tweed covering
* 12AX7 Tube preamp/Efficient Class D Power Amp
* Passive tone stack