Why become a member? ×

F-BASS BN-5

bplayer

Hello!
I am selling beatifull F-bass BN-5 made by George Furlanetto in Canada 2000. Bass is in very good visual and technical condition. Maple top is approx. 2 cm thick and looks very nice. As You can see in other pictures back of the neck is in 3 pcs. and side pieces are flamed as well. Bass is very versatile, pickups are split able via push/pull knob, so You can achieve vintage Fender Jazz sound with Single coils ore modern type of sound with humbuckers. Also it is possible to bypass electronics. Comes with original F-bass gig bag.
Bass is located in Latvia, Europe Union.
For those who remember, I recently sold American Joe Osborn 5 Lakland in vintage white to very kind German guy.

So feel free to ask any question regarding the bass.

Wanted 1900 EUR + shipping.

Edited by bplayer

Bump for an absolutely gorgeous bass!

A BN5 is top of my GAS list, and this is a beauty, but unfortunately I'm pennyless at the moment.

Did I see this on the Talkbass international classifieds a while back? Good luck with the sale.

[quote name='bplayer' post='546456' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:05 PM']I call her ''Lady in red'' :rolleyes:[/quote]

No. No no no no no no no, NO. Oh no. :)

[quote name='bplayer' post='546470' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:12 PM']Let's imagine woman instead of the song. Who can deny that red is ''hot and sexy'' color?[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssss. :lol:

Gorgeous, always wanted one of those. Never used those kind of strings before though, they're called taperwound aren't they? What's the point of that then? Looks like they might snap, but I'm guessing seen as they're on that F Bass they must be good, are they some advantages to them?

G

Hi!Strings model is La Bella Super steps. They are designed as best fit for these basses. There are special F-bass sets also made by La Bella. They differ only in measures. I have not tried another ones on this bass. So it is hard to say how would it impact the sound and feel. One my colleague who also plays F-bass said, that other strings don't do the job with this bass.

[quote name='graemecohen' post='548937' date='Jul 23 2009, 01:25 PM']Gorgeous, always wanted one of those. Never used those kind of strings before though, they're called taperwound aren't they? What's the point of that then? Looks like they might snap, but I'm guessing seen as they're on that F Bass they must be good, are they some advantages to them?

G[/quote]

They're usually called "exposed core" Apparently, the fact that the core only, is in contact with the saddle allows the string to vibrate with a more natural motion. They are fitted as standard to all F basses (branded as F bass strings) They were great when I bought mine but I couldn't be arsed to order more sets as I had a load of sets of Status strings. You can use any ordinary strings on the F basses but you will have to lower the action.

Edited by leschirons

Hi!
Unfortunately it is not in my plans to come to Denmark in nearest future. I have been there several times (in Copenhagen) when did recording session together with Latvia's most famous group .Nice city!Why wouldn't You come to Riga to try the bass? I made such a thing several Years ago and combined sightseeing with a purchase of an instrument in London!

Regards!

Edited by bplayer

Nah...it will put up the price a bit if I have to buy a plane ticket as well. If you should by any chance come to Denmark, please write me an email and maybe we can work something out.
Otherwise good luck with selling this beautiful instrument. I'm very much in love with it :)

Cheers,
Ricki

Oh man, did this beauty rekindle my F-bass BN5 GAS... Absolutely stunning! Not to mention the way these babies play and sound...
Congratulations to the buyer, and bplayer - I hope you don't grow to miss it way too much. :rolleyes: :)