Why become a member? ×

Damn Mesa Boogie!!!

Xzantes

well it would when i get it, but the band i'm in is really getting around places and doing alot of travelling for gigs, all my things are pretty much Flightcased, same with the others in my band, and a Mesa RR is what i'v dreamed of for awhile
plus knowing it will be able to take a beating in the van and yet still have a shiny silver grill ^_^

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='545946' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:35 AM']The Boogie stuff is very robust but not very portable. You probably have loads of other options out there, if you're willing to do a bit of research.[/quote]

+1 to that.

I recently moved to Boogie cabs to fulfil a childhood ambition. However, at nigh on 100lbs a cab they are shockingly heavy. The 4x10s are particularly eyewatering.
The wheels make a difference for sure, but the ballbreaker is the lift in/out of vehicles and god help you if you live in the 3rd floor flat, or even playing venues that aren't setup for easy access.
As CK says, there are some other options out there and the weight of a/some decent modern cabs and a fullshell flightcase won't be dissimilar to the Boogie RR's. Don't try flightcasing a Mesa Diesel cab though as thats the worst of both worlds and you'll need a chiropractor on site everynight.

They do sound the mutts though. Good luck with the search!

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='545983' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:10 AM']+1 to all that. I'd LOVE Mesa cabs, but I don't have a road crew.

Also, to go off on a slight tangent...

[size=3]Grill:[/size]

[size=3]Grille:[/size]

Sorry... it's been eating away at me for a number of months now. :)[/quote]

A PS3 grill? at last they are good for something :rolleyes:

I want a Mesa 400+ can't afford one, that has nothing to do with cabs.

Toodles.

[quote name='coasterbass' post='545978' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:03 AM']+1 to that.

I recently moved to Boogie cabs to fulfil a childhood ambition. However, at nigh on 100lbs a cab they are shockingly heavy. The 4x10s are particularly eyewatering.
The wheels make a difference for sure, but the ballbreaker is the lift in/out of vehicles and god help you if you live in the 3rd floor flat, or even playing venues that aren't setup for easy access.
As CK says, there are some other options out there and the weight of a/some decent modern cabs and a fullshell flightcase won't be dissimilar to the Boogie RR's. Don't try flightcasing a Mesa Diesel cab though as thats the worst of both worlds and you'll need a chiropractor on site everynight.

They do sound the mutts though. Good luck with the search![/quote]
+1 to all that
The tall cabs (2x15 and 1516BE's) tip in and out of cars fairly easily - I keep an old flattened cardboard box in the back of my estate that makes a very effective slide, plus they trundle along on the flat very easily - but as you say, the killer is stairs; my heart sinks when we arrive at a venue and the guy points upwards (or downwards)! :)
But they do sound awesome, and in the event of a Tsunami, nuclear holocaust, swine flu, or the missus going "pre" I'm going to climb inside my 2x15....I'll be safe :rolleyes:

[quote name='Shaggy' post='545999' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:38 AM']my heart sinks when we arrive at a venue and the guy points upwards (or downwards)! :)[/quote]

And this is a man who has an SVT2 and Trace V-Type!?! Hardly the world's lightest heads! :rolleyes:

Despite all of the above I'm still contemplating adding a second Mesa RR 1x15 to my rig! :lol:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='545983' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:10 AM']Also, to go off on a slight tangent...

I've looked into this at some point in the distant past. Indeed, the cooking device is a grill, no matter where you're from. But a lattice-work protective covering is not just a grille -- it's also a grill as an accepted spelling variant, especially in US English. I'm known among friends and family for my pedantry and anal corrections of spelling and grammar, but I'm also very accommodating when it comes to language change, so I have no problem with protective grills. The context always supplies the intended meaning.

Of course, when Mesa start including a George-Foreman-style (cooking) grill on the top of their heads... well, then we're in trouble. :rolleyes:

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='546084' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:16 AM']I've looked into this at some point in the distant past. Indeed, the cooking device is a grill, no matter where you're from. But a lattice-work protective covering is not just a grille -- it's also a grill as an accepted spelling variant, especially in US English. I'm known among friends and family for my pedantry and anal corrections of spelling and grammar, but I'm also very accommodating when it comes to language change, so I have no problem with protective grills. The context always supplies the intended meaning.

Of course, when Mesa start including a George-Foreman-style (cooking) grill on the top of their heads... well, then we're in trouble. :)[/quote]

Had the people posting on this forum been American, I would heartily agree! :rolleyes:

I'm just fighting the corner for good old English English. It's not going to be around for long...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='546087' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:21 AM']Had the people posting on this forum been American, I would heartily agree! :rolleyes:

I'm just fighting the corner for good old English English. It's not going to be around for long...[/quote]
There'll always be English English, but (IMO) it'll probably shift more towards neologisms and slang-words that enter common use. As long as I can insult an American without them realising, I'm happy. :) "Hello, y' w***er. Had a bollocks time with you last night." That sort of thing.

[size=1](I am, of course, joking. I love our American brethren with all my heart, soul and groin.)[/size]

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='546087' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:21 AM']Had the people posting on this forum been American, I would heartily agree! :)

I'm just fighting the corner for good old English English. It's not going to be around for long...[/quote]
And hold on... you're a Geordie, right? We divvn't use English English roond the Toon, y'knaa!

[/thread hijack]

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='546104' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:30 AM']And hold on... you're a Geordie, right? We divvn't use English English roond the Toon, y'knaa!

[/thread hijack][/quote]
Wu divvnt, but wuz divvent forget wor 'E's on the end of 'Grille' neetha. :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='546109' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:33 AM']Wu divvnt, but wuz divvent forget wor 'E's on the end of 'Grille' neetha. :)[/quote]

As someone that is stalwartly English in his spellings, far too fussy about words in general and has spent more hours than you can imagine thinking about grills, yet has never even considered writing grill as grille, I think you're fighting a battle that has already been lost!

Alex

[quote name='Xzantes' post='547486' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:42 PM']thanks for your input guys, lol i don't mind the back breaking, been use to that with my old peavey rig!
and i shall remember grille ^_^
but if anyone does know or find a 8x10 RR for sale let me know please! :)[/quote]

I had a 2x10 ampeg and decided in one of my "bright ideas day" to order a flight case for the cab. Result it weighted a ton and was too cumbersome to carry around, and the wheels are usefull when you play in places with even floors and with no steps.

I sold the cab and the case shortly after.

[quote name='alexclaber' post='547555' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:46 PM']As someone that is stalwartly English in his spellings, far too fussy about words in general and has spent more hours than you can imagine thinking about grills, yet has never even considered writing grill as grille, I think you're fighting a battle that has already been lost!

Alex[/quote]

If that is the case, then yes. The battle is truly lost. :)

[quote name='Xzantes' post='547486' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:42 PM']thanks for your input guys, lol i don't mind the back breaking, been use to that with my old peavey rig!
and i shall remember grille ^_^
but if anyone does know or find a 8x10 RR for sale let me know please! :)[/quote]

Did they make an 8x10 ? Haven't seen one of them.

Grillz :rolleyes:

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='545983' date='Jul 21 2009, 08:10 AM']+1 to all that. I'd LOVE Mesa cabs, but I don't have a road crew.

Also, to go off on a slight tangent...