Why become a member? ×

For trade feeler: Valenti #11 5-String

cgordonfreeman

Up for trade is my Valenti #11 5 stringer i bought from tayste some time last year. Looking for a nice guitar for it or maybe a bass. I'm in ireland by the way.

Alder P style Body
Pau Ferro Fretboard
Sherwood Green Finish w/Matching H/S
Nordstrand Dual Coil pickups
24 Frets, 19mm string spacing
Black Hardware
HipShot B style bridge
UltraLite tuning gears
Humbucker/Single coil mode for each pickup
Tortoise P/G
Aguilar OBP-1 (bass/treble boost only)
Contoured heel for easier access to the upper frets

Very good condition, just a small chip on the back that only goes through the top coat of paint (not through to wood) and a bit of rust on the saddle screws on the bridge. Not a very light bass but not too heavy either. I'd estimate maybe 10lbs. Comes with a Stagg soft hardcase. Might take trades on another nice 5-string or maybe even a nice guitar, try me.

Cheers,
John.

Edited by cgordonfreeman

Dammit! I've wanted a crack at this bass since it first appeared on Talkbass years ago! We're even on the same island! Haven't anything I want to trade at the mo. though, other than maybe my Tech 4x12.

Good luck anyway!

Edited by Bigwan

Any interest in [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=48362[/url]
All the best,
Mick.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='546493' date='Jul 21 2009, 02:25 PM']Hmm i have a number of nice pointy guitars? :)[/quote]

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='548046' date='Jul 22 2009, 07:45 PM']Looks like a great bass with excellent electronics! Looking at the Talkbass forums, Valenti has a pretty good reputation too.. But what does it actually sound like?[/quote]

It sounds pretty much like a Jazz but a bit beefier. You can add a huge amount of low end or top end sheen with the Aguilar or you can just go passive by pulling the volume pot. You can get an approximation of a P-bass too by messing around with the coil taps. All in all, it's quite versatile but I've a Bongo 5HH and a Carvin 5er. Any interest? :)

Cheers,
John.

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='548105' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:14 PM']It sounds pretty much like a Jazz but a bit beefier. You can add a huge amount of low end or top end sheen with the Aguilar or you can just go passive by pulling the volume pot. You can get an approximation of a P-bass too by messing around with the coil taps. All in all, it's quite versatile but I've a Bongo 5HH and a Carvin 5er. Any interest? :)

Cheers,
John.[/quote]
Thanks.. I've always fancied a Valenti to be honest, more than a Sadowsky for example, and this is only the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) 5 string I've seen on Basschat which makes it quite unique!

However, having just upgraded my rig, I can't spend money on more basses and the only two 5 string basses I have are both Jazzes, so that kind of rules me out of the equation when it comes to trades..

So best I can do is say 'lovely bass' and give you a free BUMP! :rolleyes:

Fancy an early Patrick Eggle LA Pro from when they were fitted with Seymour Duncan pickups (2 x single coil APS2's & a Jeff Beck Humbucker at the bridge if I remember correctly).

It's currently out on loan to my lead guitarist but is very similar to this stock shot pic:

Mine is more or less the same tobacco sunburst finish but with less flame on the body - beautiful birdseye maple neck though. Also comes with a nice dark green Eggle branded Hiscox case.

Edited by molan

• 3 weeks later...