Why become a member? ×

Raining on a BC parade?

coasterbass

Just curious about this one...

Looking on the 'for sale' thread I've noticed something for sale with a very ambitious price attached to it.
I know that it can now be bought new for 25% less than the 2nd hand price that is being asked, just by googling the main UK dealers

So whats the etiquette/form in these circumstances??

a) Stay out of it and stay quiet. Its not my concern.
:) Mention that they may need to adjust the price if they ever want to sell it / do a public service to a potential buyer by pointing out the price of a new equivalent?

I believe the etiquette is that if you want to say something in that vein you do it by PM, not on the forum.
I've seen a few 'for sale' threads develop into arguments, occasionally with a post removed by the mods if it all got too heated!

+1

From the guidelines (which was pointed out by a mod in a thread yesterday):

"5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price."

[quote name='bythesea' post='540558' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:01 PM']+1

From the guidelines (which was pointed out by a mod in a thread yesterday):

"5. If you believe the price of the item is too cheap/expensive, then please PM the seller as to why. Do not ridicule or undermine the seller by posting how much you think it's worth or how much it can be gotten for elsewhere, the laws of supply and demand will determine if the item sells at that price."[/quote]

Good point. I probably should have read the guidelines before! :)
£5 says you've tried to work out what the non-bargainous item is!

[quote name='coasterbass' post='540564' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:06 PM']Good point. I probably should have read the guidelines before! :)
£5 says you've tried to work out what the non-bargainous item is![/quote]
:rolleyes: There will be lots of people scouring the "For Sale" section right now!

[quote name='coasterbass' post='540564' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:06 PM']£5 says you've tried to work out what the non-bargainous item is![/quote]

There's more than one in my opinion :) ...wouldn't dream of pointing them out in the thread itself though...come to think of it, wouldn't do it by PM either...i feel that it's up to the seller to determine what he/she wants for whatever it is they're selling...if it's too much the item wont sell and they'll soon amend the price accordingly.

I don't put negative comments on For Sale posts and I think it's rather rude to start dissing someone in the middle of their sales pitch.

The price is none of our business, but I might send a PM if I noticed an inaccuracy in the detail.