Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Stunning Sadowsky UV-70 (& VTC)

Beedster

A mix of having overspent on my recent house move, needing some new amplification, and the creeping reaslisation that I'm only using fretted bass for 5 songs in our current set means I want to move this on, either for sale or PX.

I'm out of the UK at present so no pics but Marcus's original listing for this bass is at [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50480&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=50480&hl=[/url]

It's fair to say that it's everything Mark said it is, a blinder of a bass, I'd put it somewhere between a good traditional Jazz in passive mode and a Modulus Flea/Sonic Hammer in full active, the tone circuit is very powerful. Build-wise it's everything you'd expect from Sadowsky, action and set up are awesome and the playability is probably second to none. The bound neck is, as Mark suggests, outstanding, and having previosuly owned a Sadowsky P/J with an unfinished neck, I can say with some confidence that the finish on the UV-70 is a huge improvement in terms of both look and feel. VTC is included.

Cash price will be £1250, trade/PX depends on what you have.

I'm back in the UK Tuesday and will post more pics then if it hasn't sold

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Simply the Best Jazz Bass i've owned...... Blows the nuts of a couple of Fender Custom shop 1970's i've owned (Tone Playability and build)

Better than any NYC Sadowsky i've had my hands on....

Much improved by having the neck finished in the silkiest gloss you'll ever caress !!

100% recommended to anyone after the best in Jazz Bass tone

(Chris is also a legend - kinda goes without saying)

ATB
Mark

[quote name='roonjuice' post='538225' date='Jul 12 2009, 12:34 AM']is this still for sale?[/quote]

Yep!

Several PMs from Europe but I'm not sure I want to post this as the Sadowsky case isn't the strongest. Ideally I'd prefer collection from Canterbury or Milton Keynes or a meet-up somewhere on the M1. I'll reply to PM's tomorrow evening when I'm back in the UK

Chris

[quote name='Marcus' post='538092' date='Jul 11 2009, 07:32 PM']Simply the Best Jazz Bass i've owned...... Blows the nuts of a couple of Fender Custom shop 1970's i've owned (Tone Playability and build)

Better than any NYC Sadowsky i've had my hands on....

Much improved by having the neck finished in the silkiest gloss you'll ever caress !!

100% recommended to anyone after the best in Jazz Bass tone

(Chris is also a legend - kinda goes without saying)

ATB
Mark[/quote]

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='538377' date='Jul 12 2009, 11:44 AM']This used to be mine!!!

i wish someone would keep hold of it for longer than a few weeks!! its an amazing bass!!

if i had the cash i'd have it back in a flash!!

:)[/quote]

Cheers guys, take your point Chris, it's an awesome bass but I'm playing mostly fretless Jazz and, given I've just bought a Sadowsky onboard with VTC for that, I don't think I can justify keeping the UV70 as well (especially given that I also need to sort some amplification issues). IMO the work Mark had done on the neck takes this from being an outstanding bass to being pretty unique, even by Sadowsky's high standards, so it'll be a shame to see it go.

But hey, it ain't the first time I've let a blinder go is it :rolleyes:

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='538644' date='Jul 12 2009, 05:45 PM']Cheers guys, take your point Chris, it's an awesome bass but I'm playing mostly fretless Jazz and, given I've just bought a Sadowsky onboard with VTC for that, I don't think I can justify keeping the UV70 as well (especially given that I also need to sort some amplification issues). IMO the work Mark had done on the neck takes this from being an outstanding bass to being pretty unique, even by Sadowsky's high standards, so it'll be a shame to see it go.

But hey, it ain't the first time I've let a blinder go is it :)

Chris[/quote]

PM'd

[quote name='Beedster' post='540057' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:46 AM']All PMs replied and still for sale. This is UK only as the Sadowsky case, although very light and elegant, is not one I'd like to send a bass overweas in. PX for Fender Jazz only
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

If it were a 5 I'd up the road straight away....

The deal I've arranged on this bass is dependent on the guy selling one of his basses and as he doesn't seem to be pushing that bass much I think it's best to say that the UV-70 might be available again for sale, PX or trade.

Ideally I'm after a sale at £1250, which is a great price for this bass. Jase, Greg or Loz, I'd of course be interested in trades/PXs for your respective instruments. I'd also be interested in a decent/top-end fretless four string, or an MIA/MIJ fretted Jazz with cash my way.

Re the original deal, mate, it's still on if you're interested, reply to my PM from earlier today and let me know :)

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Space is one of the few things I do have - I'll probably reach critical mass soon though. Wouldn't mind a personal master class with Tal Wilkenfeld! NS

[quote name='Beedster' post='544643' date='Jul 19 2009, 12:55 PM']Crikey Nick, have you room for any more basses :)
Replied mate Chris[/quote]