Why become a member? ×

Status Stingray.

cd_david

This is strictly a FEELER ATM,

Bought this off Doctor of the Bass earlier this year. It plays like a dream and sounds unbelievable.

I had it refinished by Dave Wilson in the most flawless black.

It has had a new East MM2 Band and A Nordstrand MM Pickup.

I have no idea what this is worth to other people hence the Feeler status so if you are interested PM me.

Cheers

Dave

[quote name='Waldo' post='537204' date='Jul 10 2009, 01:24 PM']Have you got the original electronics?[/quote]

Hello

No sorry, it had a seymor duncan circuit in when i got it which i have since sold on.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for all the comments guys, Its a gorgeous bass and as i said its a feeler, I don't want to sell but would like to change my car, settle a few debts etc etc ... you know the score.

Birdy's post has gone but the bass stands me;

Initial purchase (un working),
electronic repair,
ancillary work and paint by Dave Wilson,
new East pre amp,
Ernie Ball knobs,
Chrome Strap Buttons,
Nickel Screws,

Total cost of circa 1100 :), I would need to cover this or close to, to make it worth selling.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by cd_david

[quote name='cd_david' post='537272' date='Jul 10 2009, 03:27 PM']Thanks for all the comments guys, Its a gorgeous bass and as i said its a feeler, I don't want to sell but would like to change my car, settle a few debts etc etc ... you know the score.

Birdy's post has gone but the bass stands me;

Initial purchase (un working),
electronic repair,
ancillary work and paint by Dave Wilson,
new East pre amp,
Ernie Ball knobs,
Chrome Strap Buttons,
Nickel Screws,

Total cost of circa 1100 :), I would need to cover this or close to, to make it worth selling.

Thanks

Dave[/quote]

I removed my post after I realised that you have had a lot done to it and didn't want to divert from the sale of this lovely bass!!

Have a BUMP on me :-)

[quote name='Chris2112' post='537441' date='Jul 10 2009, 07:30 PM']Doctor of the Bass = Fender32 on talkbass?

There was an English lad called Andy who lived in Germany, had a bass that looked pretty much exactly like this...I GAS'ed for one of these for a long time![/quote]

Not me on Talkbass!

Just to say that Dave's StingRay is awesome - it looks fantastic now its been resprayed!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='537615' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:38 PM']Not me on Talkbass!

Just to say that Dave's StingRay is awesome - it looks fantastic now its been resprayed![/quote]
Not my old baby with a new coat Nick?

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='537615' date='Jul 10 2009, 11:38 PM']Not me on Talkbass!

Just to say that Dave's StingRay is awesome - it looks fantastic now its been resprayed![/quote]

yeah, I realised my mistake last night when I saw that infamous avatar picture you have! I remember that one popping up on TB too!

[quote name='Marcus' post='542648' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:51 PM']If I wasn't "retired" from buying basses we'd be talking Dave !!![/quote]

Too be honest Im having second thoughts about a sale, I played it at the weekend for a full gig only intending to play it for the first set but t sounded so good and played itself. :)

I suppose im still open to offers but it is still very much a feeler.

Cheers

Dave