Why become a member? ×

Schroeder Cabs Issues/Forgotten!

phsycoandy

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='644193' date='Nov 3 2009, 10:11 AM']That's what I thought, but I've got first-hand experience of a couple of situations where it didn't work like that - mainly down to to Jorg rather than than Shaun. Shame.[/quote]

Yeah, i must admit its probably not as easy as it sounds. And after my disaster with my UL212 i wont be ordering a cab form outside the Uk again.
When i got my 1210R (direct from Jorg) its was still early days for him and so i think he was under less pressure and not quite as busy as he is now.
It seems like the older cabs are more consistent and better made. Maybe they had more care and attention to them.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='536473' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:24 PM']I also had a 1212L from SHX go faulty within the first couple of weeks. The driver started making farting noises. It took me a whiel but i found the dome had come unglued from the rest of the cone. only about an inch and so you couldnt actually see it.
To their credit both Jorg and Shaun returned my emails within an hour or two, and this was on a Sunday evening.
By wed all was sorted. Jorg got in touch with Shaun and they sent me a new driver. I still have the old one and i intend to fix it and use it at some point.
Great service from both.[/quote]

i had EXACTLY the same problem with the cone. and like you it was sorted out without fuss. however there was still a buzz from my cab and on further inspection it turned out to be the baffle holding the inner 12" that was the source. and like other people here, it turned out to be 2 pieces of wood suspectly glued in place..

Jorg has told me to take it to a tech to sort it out and he'll compensate any cost. which is fine, however living in SW Wales this is far from an easy task and after 5 months i have still not found somone i can take it too let alone had the oppertunity.

but i haven't been that bothered by this as i bought it as a B-stock cab and assumed the QC issues (there are more than the 2 mentioned) were a result of this. but it appears not?

To be honest im glad mine was just the driver as im rubbish at woodwork and dont drive so taking the cab somewhere would have been a nightmare for me.
I do still listen out for any noise coming form the cab that shouldn't be, im a bit paranoid these days, but so far it s holding up well.

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='644323' date='Nov 3 2009, 12:43 PM']i had EXACTLY the same problem with the cone. and like you it was sorted out without fuss. however there was still a buzz from my cab and on further inspection it turned out to be the baffle holding the inner 12" that was the source. and like other people here, it turned out to be 2 pieces of wood suspectly glued in place..[/quote]
That happened to me on one of mine... I ran some sealant up the join and it sorted it.

I have a 1212L and a 1515L- no issues at all initially but just recently there is a buzz coming from the tweeter on the 1212L- checked wiring- all OK- is intermittent and goes when I switch the tweeter off. Contacted Shaun at SHX where I purchsed it and he said they are looking at another which has the same problem- thinks its the tweeter switch or crossover. He said he would get back to me by the end of the week so we`ll see. Paid about £1200 for both cabs and they sound immense!! Shaun seems a very nice chap and I`m sure he`ll sort it. Will keep the forum posted on this. Other than that I`m delighted with the cabs- massive sound, lovely warm tone and I can carry both in one trip.

Bob