Why become a member? ×

My Latest Arrival! A ShukLand!

gadget

Well, its not made it out to Cape Town yet, but my new beast has been delivered to my Folks awaiting me to fly over and pick it up, but heres the details!

I bought a body off of Physco andy around a year ago, and asked Mr Shuker to build a neck for it! After some delays and confusions, its finally made its way to my folks!

The spec is as follows.....

Basswood body (Cheap Chinese Factory knockout body)
Flamed maple top
Flamed maple Shuker designed One piece neck
Birdseye Board
Kent Armstrong Soapbars
Aguilar OBP-3 preamp
Gotoh Tuners (I think?)
ABM mono bridge pieces

Can't say what it plays like as I've not gotten me grubby mitts on it yet, but me dad says it looks the part!

Jon Shuker himself said it sounds and plays fantastic!

I have to dissapear now, but I'll get a pic or two posted tomorrow!

I also got a Cort Curbow 4 string fretless in the past month, so I'll try and get some pics of that up too!

Cheers
Big G!

Well, heres the pics.....

As for the name, I thought the body shape kinda reminded me of a Lakland, so I thought I'd try be really clever and combine the names so the choice was either SHukland or Laker..... So Shukland it is!

Hope that works?? Haven't loaded up any pics in yonks!

Cheers
Big G!

Edited by gadget

Hey Guys!

Thanks for the nice words! I really can't wait to get a hold of it and play it! Don't think it'll quite beat the 5 string hollow body Shuker, but I'm sure its still great!

I unfortunately don't know when I'm gonna get hold of it?? May be Christmas (when my folks come to visit CT for the first time), may be next June (When I come Visit the UK again!)? Otherwise, I'll look into shipping it if I can afford too? Think it'll be expensive tho!

As for me, I'm just looking forward to the summer here which is approaching rather quickly! Enjoying the World cup Twenty20 Cricket which is here at the mo!

Cheers
Big G!