Why become a member? ×

*Sold* Sei 5 String Jazz Bass *Sold*

AxelF

Reluctantly having to sell this beautiful Sei 5 string Jazz bass. It has a swamp ash body with amboina burl top and matching headstock face, rosewood board and heavily flamed maple neck.

The bass is in fantastic condition with just a few marks and tiny impressions in the finish on the back, and one tiny mark on the edge of the headstock. Electronics are Bart 3 band (9v) and the pickups are Wizard custom wounds - the sound is very modern but versatile and slightly compressed (really high quality and hifi as you'd expect). This is an excellent example of Martin's work and the whole bass just exudes boutique quality. As far as I know, the bass is around 6 years old.

The bass has recently been setup, and plays beautifully with a very low action - extremely comfortable to play. It comes with an 'as new' Fodera hard case.

Really don't want to have to sell this instrument, but current economic circumstances mean I need to let one or two go unfortunately. Sale price is £1100 firm. You can contact me via PM, email at [email protected] or by phone on 07989 608438. Thanks,

Dave

Edited by AxelF

[quote name='anthomp' post='527712' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:40 PM']Looks familiar[/quote]

Yes, I bought it from a fellow TB'er - it was a luxury I couldn't really afford at the time but it was such a beautiful instrument I couldn't let it go. Unfortunately I've just been made redundant so it's now a luxury I really can't justify! I'll be gutted to part with it.

[quote name='AxelF' post='527728' date='Jun 29 2009, 01:54 PM']Yes, I bought it from a fellow TB'er - it was a luxury I couldn't really afford at the time but it was such a beautiful instrument I couldn't let it go. Unfortunately I've just been made redundant so it's now a luxury I really can't justify! I'll be gutted to part with it.[/quote]
Hi Dave - 'really sorry to hear about the redundancy - this is very bad news and something that appears to have afflicted a lot of Basschat members.

As a previous owner of the bass (I sold it to AxelF), I can attest to the quality of the instrument - the build quality is stunning, the timbers are superb and the tone is outstanding.

I bought it from Russ i think in Brighton
and sold it to Tony in Manchester (who i'm off to see on friday)
- to lozbass - i believe, to you

and i'm sure all will say what a fine bass this is,
the best of the Sei basses i have owned by far

also i'm tempted to.... ,......... we shall see how funds are

Antony

Hi, have just measured and the string spacing at the bridge is between 18 and 19mm, though each bridge saddle can be adjusted sideways by a couple of mm (you can just about see in pic 3), so you can increase/decrease this slightly.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wombatboter' post='542473' date='Jul 16 2009, 06:11 PM']It was too tempting... :-)
Very curious because I actually never played one before but I'm trusting my intuition.[/quote]
I think you'd be safe with Martin's work - his Jazzes are a thing of considerable beauty

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everything ! Very smooth transaction with no problems whatsoever and really pleased with this excellent 5-string. I need some days to really get adjusted to this particular instrument but I'm sure it'll be worthwhile ...
Great combination of looks and sound (which that would also apply to me).
cheers,
Geert