Why become a member? ×

Appropriate Amps and Barefaced Cabs

Having just bought a Barefaced Compact, I'm in the same boat and 1/2 way to a lightweight rig. At two weekend gigs I ran it with my Eden WT550 for one and my Trace AH500 for the other. Both are heavier amps but with quite a powerful EQ which I like.

I'm looking for a lightweight amp too and on my shortlist are the LM800, Orange Bass Terror BT500H (when it's in the shops) and Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0. I'm eagerly awaiting hearing the Orange as 500watts into 8 ohms for £415 is a bargain and half the price of the LM800. Or maybe I should wait for the Orange Bass Terror BT1000H! :brow:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=46780&view=findpost&p=490636"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...st&p=490636[/url]

I posted a review of my first gig using the Big One.

I was running a WTX-260 into it and even at 8 Ohms (= very crudely about 180W according to Eden) I never got the volume up to 12:00 on the dial.

In fairness, it was a small pub. I'm not worried about whether I'll be heard in a much larger pub, though. :brow:

I've gigged the Shuttle 6.0 with my Compact several times now, and it's a killer combination IMO! It can hang with a very loud rock drummer by itself no problem, and gives me the option to one-trip my entire rig into a venue or up the stairs to my flat if required (Compact in one hand, Shuttle in shoulder bag, bass in gig bag over the other shoulder, GRAMMA pad and stand in other hand!).

Alex also rates the Shuttle with his cabs, but I'm sure he can tell you that himself! :)

Have heard the Compact powered by a Shuttle 6 and it was awesome :) No experience of any other micro heads at all I'm afraid.

I'm less lightweight with my head - it's an LH500... First gig on Saturday though so expect full report when I get a chance sometime next week :rolleyes:

Edited by Merton