Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: Orange Rocker 30w valve 1x12 combo (Guitar Amp not Bass)

[size=6][color="#FF0000"][b]This was on as a feeler. My bro has put the combo on ebay but is keeping the extension cab for now.[/b][/color][/size]

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-Rocker-30-Combo-30-Watt-Tube-Guitar-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ110407981569QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item19b4d41a01&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-Rocker-30-Com...93%3A1|294%3A50[/url]

Its all in excellent condition, he really looks after his stuff. The amp has brand new power tubes - jj kt77's (they are about 2 weeks old). The new tubes give tighter bass with smoother mids and highs. He would also include the original tubes to be swapped back in if prefered (no biasing required)..

Heres the combo details:

All valve, 30 watt, Class A operation channel switching combo. This unit incorporates the Rocker 30 head in a high-quality cabinet constructed using 13 ply high density 18mm birch plywood. Loaded with a heavy duty 12" Celestion Vintage 30 loud speaker. The great qualities of the Rocker 30 head are combined with the convenience of its own acoustically-tuned speaker enclosure. Footswitch is included.

Controls
Natural Channel: Volume
Dirty Channel: Gain / Low / Middle / High / Volume

Valve
Preamp - 3 x ECC83, Output 2 x EL34

Dimensions
(W x H x D) 52 x 45 x 30cm

Weight 24kg

[size=6][color="#FF0000"]Starting price on ebay is £499[/color][/size]

Edited by chris_pokkuri

My guitarist bought and Orange RockerVerb 50watt...Ok since he had it I had to change my rig cause, even less than half power it's BLOODY LOUD!
Orange are the new face of metal mark my words here and now!
Such a full bodied sound and louder than any 100 watt flabby sounding marshall.

Edited by Kongo

[quote name='Kongo' post='520969' date='Jun 22 2009, 06:18 PM']My guitarist bought and Orange RockerVerb 50watt...Ok since he had it I had to change my rig cause, even less than half power it's BLOODY LOUD!
Orange are the new face of metal mark my words here and now!
Such a full bodied sound and louder than any 100 watt flabby sounding marshall.[/quote]

Agreed. Orange Watts are a totally different ball game. I had my amp through one cab the other say, cranked the gain, had the volume literally on just a tiny bit above minimum...it is doom.

I like Orange so much I might buy a RV 100 in the future.

They piss all over most Marshall guitar gear....esp modern Marshall.

The sound is not that overly precise scooped metal sound...its more warm, amazing and pure tube drive...good old fashioned rock n roll.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='520989' date='Jun 22 2009, 06:33 PM']Agreed. Orange Watts are a totally different ball game. I had my amp through one cab the other say, cranked the gain, had the volume literally on just a tiny bit above minimum...it is doom.

I like Orange so much I might buy a RV 100 in the future.

They piss all over most Marshall guitar gear....esp modern Marshall.

The sound is not that overly precise scooped metal sound...its more warm, amazing and pure tube drive...good old fashioned rock n roll.[/quote]

Marshall are just flabby.
Gotta say though, lets not put metal and scooped mids in the same sentence. :)
I have to explain to sound folks all the time that we do NOT want the mids on the guitars scooped!
Metal guitarists don't do that as much now...I mean, it kills volume and harmonic resonance!

So he loves his Orange Rockerverb because of this. No triple rectifiers...No naturally scooped mids...Just pure LOUD valve distortion and MAN, is it so!
The channel is called "Dirty" but I think it's more than that...in fact, he's changed it to "Death" with a sticker...To be fair, it's a fitting name!

Oh yeah, and just to point out, it'd be "Scooped Nids" because, so the Orange site says, the amp has a "Niddle" control! :rolleyes:
That's unfortunate.

Edited by Kongo

I've spoken to my bro about this again and have some more details for you.

The cab is the 16ohm celestion vintage 30 version - the better version. Adding the extension cab gives it a tighter bass response.

The amp has brand new power tubes - jj kt77's (they are about 2 weeks old). The new tubes also give tighter bass with smoother mids and highs. He would also include the original tubes to be swapped back in if prefered (no biasing required).

To buy the combo and extension cab new you'd be looking at £800 - £900. As both are in virtually perfect condition he'd be looking for between £600 - £700.

Oh, and we are based in Bridgend, South Wales. Easy to get to on the M4.

[quote name='Kongo' post='520969' date='Jun 22 2009, 06:18 PM']Orange are the new face of metal mark my words here and now![/quote]

Hmmm. I'd wouldn't go that far. I still reckon the Peavey 5150 is probably the greatest metal guitar amp out there. I've tried both Orange and own a 5150 and much prefer the 5150. I agree with you on the point about being better than Marshall - I just don't like any of their old or new stuff at all and I've own JCMs, DSLs, played through JCM800s and TSL heads. All of them just leave me cold.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='527533' date='Jun 29 2009, 11:06 AM']Hmmm. I'd wouldn't go that far. I still reckon the Peavey 5150 is probably the greatest metal guitar amp out there. I've tried both Orange and own a 5150 and much prefer the 5150. I agree with you on the point about being better than Marshall - I just don't like any of their old or new stuff at all and I've own JCMs, DSLs, played through JCM800s and TSL heads. All of them just leave me cold.[/quote]

Have a look. There all dropping the Peavey's.
Architects used Peavey's...Now they use Orange.
The problem with the Peavey is clean is distorted...and distortion only a bit more...no bell like clean tone like an Orange will.
Jim Root of Slipknot now uses Orange over Marshall...and I just heard confirmed, Wes Borland just switched from Mesa Boogie to Orange with a witty one liner:

"Once you go Orange, you never go Black!"

So, Orange is coming! And rightly so!
Bring on the British sound!

I didn't mind the Peavey...well it didn't sound good clean...but the Orange Rockerverb 50 watt...Well...:) It's the reason I got a new backline as it is VERY powerful!

Edited by Kongo