Why become a member? ×

Gone

Clarky

Just arrived today so hasty photos taken on rubbish camera. Its a beauty and just feels so comfortable. The neck seems wide, even by a Precision's standards, but is superbly fretted and finished so that it plays a dream. It just oozes quality. One hugely happy bunny here

My only disappointment is that its supposed to be a birthday pressie (Mrs C is paying half, I funded the rest through gear sales) and so the good lady is suggesting I wait until mid-July to use it. I will work on her though and convince her of the error of her ways :)

[attachment=27312:clarky_basses_105.JPG][attachment=27314:clarky_basses_106.JPG][attachment=27315:cl
arky_basses_107.JPG]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='518388' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:54 PM']Was only three months from me ordering to receiving the bass ..... but it had already (just) been started as it had been ordered by someone else who didn't pay the deposit[/quote]

thats gotta be one of the quickest shukers ever :)

[quote name='Bassmonster' post='518400' date='Jun 19 2009, 02:07 PM']thats gotta be one of the quickest shukers ever :rolleyes:[/quote]

*cough cough* Warmoth *cough cough*

Ha ha, only joking :lol:

Looks great. Nice little bit of case candy too :)

[quote name='beerdragon' post='518703' date='Jun 19 2009, 06:17 PM']That's lovely.the neck does look wide though. you wont be moving this on for a while i bet, :)[/quote]
Its a keeper, for sure :rolleyes: Between this and 'Dee Dee' I am a very happy bunny. Not so certain about the fretless though :lol:

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='518387' date='Jun 19 2009, 01:51 PM']That is beautiful though i cant decide whether im more enviable of the bass or that it seems to have being completed on time, you are indeed a lucky man :)[/quote]

+1

And indeed the fact that the bass is in part, a present from Mrs Clarky... How lucky can a man get?

Gorgeous looking bass and one to keep for sure!

[quote name='BASSISACE' post='519945' date='Jun 21 2009, 01:49 PM']From one JJB Shuker owner to another, they're superb aren't they!
Congratulations on the purchase, I'm really loving my one[/quote]
thanks bassicace! Loving it and will probably debut it at our gig next Saturday

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='OldGit' post='537043' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:29 AM']How's it going?[/quote]
Only used in band practices so far (our only gig since I got it was the 12 Bar in Denmark St where the stage is so small I figured there's a high chance of dinging the bass, hence I used my CIJ Fender)

The JJB sounds fantastic with TI flats or - as I am currently trying - Status half-rounds and plays like butter. The pickups are higher output than standard MIA Ps and are beefy but not overly so (for example they are not as loud and bassy as the Wizard Area 51 Stealth in my CIJ). Sounds wonderful through my new Mesa Walkabout with the gain at 2 o'clock.

My only concern upon opening the box and picking up the guitar the very first time was the size of the neck which is both wide and thick (apparently an exact replica dimension-wise of JJ's 77 P bass). As it happens it is remarkably easy to play and to get around, due to a combination of low action and superb finishing by Mr Shuker.

The whole thing exudes quality from the thick paint finish to the phenolic scratchplate and the beautifully finished neck. In short its luverly!

I will be bringing this to our next gig (the Gosport Punkfest) and so any BC'ers in attendance (johnnylager and goaround might be there, the former may also be playing) are welcome to have a tryout. jonthebass and thegregga have already had a short go on it.

Were I to win the pools, my dream bass collection would include my JJB, a Fender CS Pino Palladino, a 1963 Fender P (my birth year), and a mojo'ed old Fender Jazz in 3TS. One out of four ain't bad for now!

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky