Why become a member? ×

Recommend a Make of Gig Bag?

wal4string

Hi fellow Bass Chatters. Can anyone help me out? Need a to buy a new gig bag as my last one was part of the bass swap I just completed. It was a Warwick Deluxe Rockbag, the detachable rucksack strap snapped the first time I used it, so I wont be buying another. Been looking at the Protection Racket Gig Bag but cant find what the buckles are made of [the rockbag ones are plastic].

[quote name='wal4string' post='517645' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:05 PM']Hi fellow Bass Chatters. Can anyone help me out? Need a to buy a new gig bag as my last one was part of the bass swap I just completed. It was a Warwick Deluxe Rockbag, the detachable rucksack strap snapped the first time I used it, so I wont be buying another. Been looking at the Protection Racket Gig Bag but cant find what the buckles are made of [the rockbag ones are plastic].[/quote]

Have a look at Bass Direct's site. Theres some great gig bags on there. Basically, if anything is sh1te, Mark won't stock it.

I've got a Tribal Planet GSX6 twin bass.. weighs a ton when fully loaded but two sections so you can put just one in.
Half of me is waiting for the rucksack straps to snap, but no sign of it after a few gigs! Good stiff pockets too.
Like this one (in the shop where I work) [url="http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/3818"]http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/produ...roducts_id/3818[/url] but holds two basses and costs a few quid more.
Will do a discount for BC dwellers!

[quote name='wal4string' post='517645' date='Jun 18 2009, 06:05 PM']Hi fellow Bass Chatters. Can anyone help me out? Need a to buy a new gig bag as my last one was part of the bass swap I just completed. It was a Warwick Deluxe Rockbag, the detachable rucksack strap snapped the first time I used it, so I wont be buying another. Been looking at the Protection Racket Gig Bag but cant find what the buckles are made of [the rockbag ones are plastic].[/quote]

i got a ritter mid priced one and its very good...pockets galore and a strong zip...comes with the backpack option as well

[quote name='Johngh' post='517737' date='Jun 18 2009, 07:35 PM']I've got a Ritter RG7000 BG Gig bag and its very good. Loads of pockets and stuff. No idea what it would cost now though but I don't have a problem recomending it.[/quote]
Only had experience with Ritter (generally use Hiscox hard-shell Liteflites whenever possible) but definitely the business

I've been using a Warwick cross walker with the detachable rucksack for about 3 years now for every gig.

I never have the rucksack attached to the gig bag as its too heavy but its been very reliable.

I don't even think its a deluxe one but I think its one of the water resistant ones.

One of these:

[url="http://roselanemusic.com/epages/eshop111508.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop111508/Products/%22Cross%20Walker%22"]http://roselanemusic.com/epages/eshop11150...oss%20Walker%22[/url]

I only use Ritter bags. I hate hard cases and got rid of them all long ago. I like the pricey ones, but even the more modest ones I find are really good bags.

Edited by Rayman