Why become a member? ×

Decent Distortions?

chilisfan16

i've gone through various fuzzes, distortions and overdrives and for me its gotta be the tech21 VT bass for subtle but fat tubey grit, Fulltone bass drive for mid to heavy drive and if you want something capable of way over the top distorted lead tones check out the tech 21 XXL bass, its a bit too much for the music i play but its great fun!

It depends what you are looking for.

The M80 sounds a little bit too fuzz-like for my taste. The relatively harsh clipping can be mitigated with the eq but I didn't manage to get any nice/warm sound that I liked. Apart from that, it is a great pedal.

I would recommend you the Digitech Bad Monkey or the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=51620"]Red Dragon[/url] :)

[quote name='Silent Fly' post='515463' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:49 PM']I would recommend you the Digitech Bad Monkey[/quote]

I've just taken delivery of a Badder Monkey (the one with the Humphreys Mod for Bass) *Edit*from the man above, Cheers Dannybouy! You were right! I don't ever wanna switch it off!*/Edit* and it's blown me away! I've got it dialled in with my 'Ray's volume on low and the level boosted, so it sounds normal volume. Now, playing normally it makes the tone slightly grittier with a nice juicy tone and that valve warmth, when i dig in it starts growling beautifully, and snarls fizzes and crackles with glee when i thrash the crap outta my bass :) It's EPIC!

Edited by phil_the_bassist

[quote name='6h5g' post='515453' date='Jun 16 2009, 04:39 PM']ashdown james lomenzo - can get a few sounds out of it which all sound great :)[/quote]

Was looking at one of these on the bay the other day, from purple music (or something like that)
didn't look expensive for Ashdown and if it's as good as you say...

[quote name='liamcapleton' post='514643' date='Jun 15 2009, 07:43 PM']My EHX English Muff'n is completely brilliant. Got it off Tayste the other day and it sounds superb.[/quote]

+ 1 on the English Muff'n, I love mine, just so cool.

Would love to try the Malekko B:Assmaster, the Cream Pie and the Wooly Mammoth, but geography and budgets are against me...