Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN :: Kopo Lina Fretless IV

xilddx

For sale is my Kopo Lina Fretless IV NT Electric Bass.

More pics on the bay [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KOPO-Lina-Fretless-4st-Bass-Gorgeous-French-Luthiery_W0QQitemZ330345459550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4cea1faf5e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1688|293%3A2|294%3A50"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KOPO-Lina-Fretless-4...93%3A2|294%3A50[/url]

The craftsmanship is superb, the beautiful ebony fingerboard is wonderful. Low action and plays really smoothly. This is a very versatile bass, with a wide variety of tones and sweet spots. The tone is warm, rich with harmonic overtones and has a lovely transparency to it.

The 34in through-neck is shallow, fast and made of maple, subtly figured ebony board with offset face dots, and side dots.

Body is flame maple, I would guess it's AAA, it shimmers and catches the light very nicely. The bass balances beautifully on the strap.

Delano pickups from Germany are some of the best in the world. This has two: Delano MM style HB at the bridge, Delano SB4 twin coil soapbar in the neck position. They promise world class fretless tone, and they deliver. Passive electronics with volume pull pots with series/parallel for each pickup and a single tone control.

I'm selling because I've realised it's just not quite really me. I am a Warwick man at heart.

Fred Pons is the luthier behind Kopo [url="http://kopo.fr/"]http://kopo.fr/[/url]

There are a couple of very small dings to the body edge and a very minor bit of worming on part of the neck heel.

She's a real looker and certainly turns heads. Currently strung with DR Black Beauties 45 - 105

Original well padded Kopo Luthierie soft case included.

Please ask any questions you like.

You will preferably pick this up from Ealing in West London. I will post, UK only, if you need me to within a couple of working days of receiving your payment.

Best wishes.

Edited by silddx

Obviously it depends on the tone you are after, but I can pretty much guarantee you will love the feel and playability. The neck is wonderful, shallow and fast. The bass is very responsive. Really lovely player.

I just realised I wanted an old Fender and couldn't afford one, but when this franken P came up with a 70's neck, and a Jap body at a realistic price, I couldn't resist. You know how it is, otherwise I would have kept this and put the neck pup in.

[quote name='51m0n' post='509131' date='Jun 9 2009, 03:24 PM']oooooooffff thats a sexy beast mate!

why you getting rid?[/quote]

Why thank you! See my post above about getting rid. If I had the cash spare I would be keeping it, believe me!

[quote name='silddx' post='509133' date='Jun 9 2009, 03:26 PM']... I just realised I wanted an old Fender and couldn't afford one, but when this franken P came up with a 70's neck, and a Jap body at a realistic price, I couldn't resist. You know how it is, otherwise I would have kept this and put the neck pup in.[/quote]

I was tempted by that too, but from Beedster's description it doesn't sound like it does that familiar bloomy fretless sound. It is pretty though. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='509258' date='Jun 9 2009, 05:04 PM']I was tempted by that too, but from Beedster's description it doesn't sound like it does that familiar bloomy fretless sound. It is pretty though. :)[/quote]

I'll find out on Friday :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='541883' date='Jul 16 2009, 06:50 AM']if i havent bought my MM fretless couple months ago i would get this in a heartbeat what a lovely instrument.. I love the dot on the neck sideways and on fretboard looks amazing[/quote]

Cheers mate :)

Ok, I think this is off to the 'bay tonight with a higher price to see if I can try not to be out of pocket.

Thanks for the interest and kind comments, friends.

[b]If any of you have a Warwick fretless 4 under £700ish, I will be interested as soon as I've sold this. Active Corvettes preferred. Must be unlined and not a defret. [/b]

Cheers,
Nigel

Edited by silddx

Will someone offer me £720 including UK delivery for this?

Honestly, she sounds as beautiful as she looks, mwah, transparency, rich and warm, growl and quack, gorgeous harmonics. She's just not what I need for my pop music outfits :)

I hope Martin Petersen won't mind me quoting him, but he said this bass had character, and she's got even more now. I want to go mostly, if not completely fretless for this new band and I need a bass I'm completely comfortable with, ie. an active Warwick Corvette.

EDIT: I sound a bit desperate don't I :rolleyes:

Edited by silddx

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='547113' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:49 PM']Wonderful bass - really different and yet somehow familiar at the same time (if you know what I mean!). My fretless needs have recently been satisfied but it might well have become bass 66 - sadly my tax is due this month so have a bump on me.[/quote]

Thank you, Doc. Appreciated :)

I've been playing her a lot recently, to see if I can get used to it. It's certainly possible. I find the Precision string spacing a bit too wide, but hey, it's not a huge deal. Just wondering if I can turn that initial lust into real love :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

[quote name='gnasher1993' post='547916' date='Jul 22 2009, 06:04 PM']One day this bass will be mine. Whether you're still the owner or it's 6 owners down the line I will have it! Good luck with the sale. Have a bump on me...[/quote]

:rolleyes:

Like it, thank you!

I've been having a think about withdrawing it actually, but now I've dropped the price on the bay, I'll see wot's wot in a day or two. I am starting to believe I could live with her :)