Why become a member? ×

A cat amongst plecking pigeons

mikhay77

[quote name='Rich' post='508272' date='Jun 8 2009, 03:30 PM']No, it can't be. Squirrels don't like chestnuts. Nor do badgers or magpies.[/quote]

From "Wiki Answers":

[i]Are horse chestnuts safe food for squirrels? In: Chipmunks and Squirrels [Edit categories]
[Edit]
Yes they are. [/i]

There remains the vexed question of how they would open them though. I'm thinking the badger could hold it down, then the magpie could make a small crack in it which the squirrel could lever open with a plectrum. Fingers just aren't going to cut it here.

[quote name='Earbrass' post='508899' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:28 AM']From "Wiki Answers":

[i]Are horse chestnuts safe food for squirrels? In: Chipmunks and Squirrels [Edit categories]
[Edit]
Yes they are. [/i]

There remains the vexed question of how they would open them though. I'm thinking the badger could hold it down, then the magpie could make a small crack in it which the squirrel could lever open with a plectrum. Fingers just aren't going to cut it here.[/quote]
All well and good but do badgers have thumbs?

All I'd say that anybody who plays bass is a bassist.

I love my Rics, and I play with a pick.

Unbelievably, a bassist told me last year that the Ric is not a real bass, because you have to play it with a pick. Wrong on both counts, and what an idiot.

It just goes to highlight the snobbish attitude with the music world. I was a drummer before I was a bassist - am I not real either?

We all play because we love it - finger style, plectrum, whatever. We're all as real as each other regardless of how you play, what you play, or how long you've been playing.

Can't we all just be friends????? :wub: :wub: :wub:

[quote name='Earbrass' post='508899' date='Jun 9 2009, 11:28 AM']From "Wiki Answers":
[Edit]
Yes they are. [/i][/quote]
Ah yes, well they might be [i]safe[/i] for squirrels, but do the squirrels actually [u]like[/u] them? I mean, tomatoes and hard boiled eggs are perfectly [i]safe[/i] food for me, but I'd rather eat my own entrails on a Ryvita than take a single small bite out of either of those. Eww *shudder*
And who would win in a fight between a magpie and a fully-laden African swallow?

[quote name='spongebob' post='508975' date='Jun 9 2009, 12:59 PM']Can't we all just be friends????? :wub: :wub: :wub:[/quote]
Yeah yeah, whatever. Will somebody [i]please[/i] think of the squirrels?