Why become a member? ×

the old 'i've got one space left on my board' thread

kingforaday

hi all,

i built myself a pedal board to the size i wanted and have got all the pedals/sounds i had in mind when i started thinking about this... but i've got one space left!

i've got:

Jim Dunlop 105Q wah
EBS Multicomp
Digitech bass Synth Wah (used as an octaver only)
Fulltone bass drive
Sansamp VT bass
danelectro Cool cat chorus

i'm happy with all these pedals and most importantly i use them all at some point during the songs i'm playing in the bands i'm in. so no tag alongs on this board! only just got the cool cat but i think its a keeper, just such a beautiful tone to it... but its 18volt so runs off a separate adaptor leaving me one daisy chain and one space for one more pedal...

i'm thinking a nano small stone but not sure i'd use it much, just wondering if there's anything glaringly obvious that i've forgotten about!?

i'm playing kinda dirty punk-rock with one band and rock n roll with the other (may end up using an EDB for this one)... so to be honest the pedal board is mainly for the more dirty rock side of things

i have a bunch of pedals that haven't made it onto the board which i like they just didn't quite fit the sound (they're listed in my signature as potential trades/sales) but i figure rather than just keep buying stuff i'll ask for some advice!

so... thoughts?

Was just about to recommend a nice fuzz, probably with some form of blending a la B:Assmaster etc..., but read that fuzz didn't work for you & you've got all the dirt you need.

How about an aural exciter of some kind?

Edited by nick

Personally, my fave pedal that i have is the Maxon AF-9, but that's not really suitable for dirty rock / punk that you're playing.
The only thing that i can think of along the lines of what you might like that i've owned is the Pro Co RAT, awesome, disgustingly dirty and great fun - as played on Reef's "summer in bloom" and sounds just as filthy in real life... Lovely.
I also have and love the Boss BF-2B Flanger, perfect and very effective for anything if used in moderation / hardly ever..

[quote name='Protium' post='500271' date='May 28 2009, 09:03 PM']Compressor or EQ?[/quote]
multicomp and sansamp Vt cover that for me...

i tried a RAT years ago and loved it, totally forgot about them! hmmm, a fuzz with a blend is a good shout... so to the flanger idea, not got much experience with flangers/phasers etc but for some reason thats what i'm leaning towards. digital delay is an interesting one, just cant imagine i'd use it that much?! think i need to do a bit of research on this, i'm in no real hurry just annoys me having space for something

thanks for all the suggestions people!

Looks pretty complete to me. If you must fill the space in your board though, you could use a pedal sized wireless kit (Samson springs to mind) or failing that a Tupperware box for your sandwiches (cut into 1/4s of course) :)