Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee

NancyJohnson

I posted here a couple of weeks back to see whether anyone had a black guard for a Geddy Lee jazz. A couple of offers etc. Went with an aftermarket job from an eBay seller in Belgium/Holland - [url="http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/dn-store__W0QQ_armrsZ1"]DN-Store[/url] - single ply in black - under £10.00.

Arrived in the mail this morning posted two days ago) and installed (or should that be onstalled?) a few minutes ago. Photo below. All the holes lined up except for the last one above the neck which was about 1mm out.

Looks nice.
P

Edited by NancyJohnson

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='495286' date='May 22 2009, 03:53 PM']The single ply black pickguard works so well with the black body, black binding, and black blocks. Proper cool :)[/quote]

Definitely considering that for my new Geddy, looks reet grand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Hellrazor' post='500090' date='May 28 2009, 06:39 PM']Here's mine, it's actually an '04 S1 USA body with a Geddy neck and a Badass 3. Bit of a FrankenGeddy really but sound fantastic - just love that neck![/quote]

I like the look of that better than a singleply. I do not like how the strings travel over the pole pieces of the pickups though, and there's a lot of fretboard width left above the E-string. Doesn't the BadAss 3 have more grooves so you have some room to position the strings better?

With the stock '75 reissue bridge of my MIJ JB75-US the strings wouldn't travel over the pickups properly either, but when I had my BadAss II installed I requested to have the saddle slots filed to accomodate perfect travel over the poles.