Why become a member? ×

There's no ZING in my strings.

AM1

[quote name='51m0n' post='493510' date='May 20 2009, 05:39 PM']Errrr "w@nk-sock", you gotta be sh**ing me!

What is this "w@nk-sock" to which you refer????

(BBC prefers two pieces of liver and a radiator I've heard)[/quote]

Oh dear.

A simple search was enough to reveal the following:

[url="http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/w***_sock"]http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/w***_sock[/url] but you will have to replace the stars with a word that rhymes with tank.

The bit about the can of beans and sausages is priceless.

Edited by AM1

[quote name='Eight' post='493606' date='May 20 2009, 07:10 PM']As a side note: Anne, bottle it and sell it. Some people spend ages trying to get the zing out of strings. You make millions (minus 10% pour moi of course).[/quote]

Haha you are not pimping out my zing killing skills!

Just looking at the string cleaning tube. I already have all sorts of pieces of pipe and crap here from homebuild dive gear projects. It's like scrapheap challenge!

Haha, keep the tube away from drummers :)

[quote name='AM1' post='493615' date='May 20 2009, 07:15 PM']Haha you are not pimping out my zing killing skills!

Just looking at the string cleaning tube. I already have all sorts of pieces of pipe and crap here from [b]homebuild dive gear projects[/b]. It's like scrapheap challenge!

Haha, keep the tube away from drummers :)[/quote]

"Jeez you came in that, you're braver than I thought!"

That sound like a recipe for a seriously nasty acident though.

My only experience of diving was about a half hour at the bottom of a swimming pool. I swim like a fish (admittedly something really big like a whale shark) but all that gubbins and gear felt so unnatural to me, I'd rather stick to a snorkel!

Scrapheap Challenge, now there's a top program, is it still on?

[quote name='51m0n' post='493666' date='May 20 2009, 08:14 PM']"Jeez you came in that, you're braver than I thought!"

That sound like a recipe for a seriously nasty acident though.

My only experience of diving was about a half hour at the bottom of a swimming pool. I swim like a fish (admittedly something really big like a whale shark) but all that gubbins and gear felt so unnatural to me, I'd rather stick to a snorkel!

Scrapheap Challenge, now there's a top program, is it still on?[/quote]

Scrapheap Challenge was amazing!

No seriously - on dive gear - if I detailed some of the scandalous goings on with CE certification and standards, on what is life support equipment, you'd be horrified. There's a functional safety standard called IEC61508, which covers programmable electronics and no sports rebreather (or several military rebreathers) currently on the market, meet it. Yet they are still able, on the premise of a PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) cert, to sell it in the EU.

We are talking about electronics that control the breathing mixture and ensure it is respirable - however those electronics, at code and hardware level, are so poorly assembled and programmed, that they are able to hang and reboot back into a mode in which no oxygen delivery takes place, no brownout circuit, one clock, a crap processor, a massive single point of failure in the power supply...meaning that if a diver does not notice oxygen delivery has stopped, they simply go to sleep from hypoxia. This is, ridiculously, labelled as "user error" in the user community, who are, in the main, utterly brainwashed in respect of what constitutes acceptable functional safety standards in safety-critical life support systems. One manufacturer has a fatality rate approaching 75 users (in only several thousand sold units) making the mortality rate less than 1 in 39, and an even worse in active use. Seriously, other than Shipman, the most prolific serial killers had less bodies on the slab!

Homebuilding is actually safer, as the builder has control over the testing - I kid you not. PS - my opinion is considered well outside the parameters of the vast majority, but then, they don't have my background.

Got me on a rant - I'll stop now!

[quote name='AM1' post='493555' date='May 20 2009, 06:23 PM']Oh dear.

A simple search was enough to reveal the following:

[url="http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/w***_sock"]http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/w***_sock[/url] but you will have to replace the stars with a word that rhymes with tank.

The bit about the can of beans and sausages is priceless.[/quote]

BWAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAAAAA

ROFLMFAO!!!

I never heard of that, not even when I was in the TA, "range glue" yes, but not that. Thats is cracking!!

[quote name='AM1' post='493679' date='May 20 2009, 08:33 PM']Scrapheap Challenge was amazing!

No seriously - on dive gear - if I detailed some of the scandalous goings on with CE certification and standards, on what is life support equipment, you'd be horrified. There's a functional safety standard called IEC61508, which covers programmable electronics and no sports rebreather (or several military rebreathers) currently on the market, meet it. Yet they are still able, on the premise of a PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) cert, to sell it in the EU.

We are talking about electronics that control the breathing mixture and ensure it is respirable - however those electronics, at code and hardware level, are so poorly assembled and programmed, that they are able to hang and reboot back into a mode in which no oxygen delivery takes place, no brownout circuit, one clock, a crap processor, a massive single point of failure in the power supply...meaning that if a diver does not notice oxygen delivery has stopped, they simply go to sleep from hypoxia. This is, ridiculously, labelled as "user error" in the user community, who are, in the main, utterly brainwashed in respect of what constitutes acceptable functional safety standards in safety-critical life support systems. One manufacturer has a fatality rate approaching 75 users (in only several thousand sold units) making the mortality rate less than 1 in 39, and an even worse in active use. Seriously, other than Shipman, the most prolific serial killers had less bodies on the slab!

Homebuilding is actually safer, as the builder has control over the testing - I kid you not. PS - my opinion is considered well outside the parameters of the vast majority, but then, they don't have my background.

Got me on a rant - I'll stop now![/quote]

I find it all to easy to believe every word you've said. You are still certifiable in my book, and in a well respected "nutter in the shed" kind of a way. Well done!

[quote name='51m0n' post='493715' date='May 20 2009, 09:27 PM']I find it all to easy to believe every word you've said. You are still certifiable in my book, and in a well respected "nutter in the shed" kind of a way. Well done![/quote]

Which is exactly what all of my extremely competent and experienced dead friends/colleagues said, whilst having previously tried to convince me that CE "certification" must mean that equipment is "safe" and I must put some trust in the system. Bollocks to that!

Pinto comes to mind - product safety defects in that case were deemed too expensive to recall and fix and a decision was taken, on cost grounds, that fighting lawsuits from the deceaseds' relatives would be cheaper in the long run than a full recall.

You do not even want to get me started on this subject, believe me!

The string tube, how long do you leave your strings in there?

[quote name='51m0n' post='493680' date='May 20 2009, 08:33 PM']BWAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAAAAAA

ROFLMFAO!!!

I never heard of that, not even when I was in the TA, "range glue" yes, but not that. Thats is cracking!![/quote]

So, basically, what you have admitted, is that you don't use the sock. OR the sausage and beans method.

Now, in line with your previous minging admissions, I feel that there are some confessions still to be made.

:)

[quote name='Rayman' post='493579' date='May 20 2009, 06:42 PM']Did someone mention Tony Pulis' barmy army?? The [i]MIGHTY[/i] potters.[/quote]

I'm not a football fan. Is this an insult?

What's so wrong with being a stokie ebs_freak?

[quote name='AM1' post='493764' date='May 20 2009, 10:20 PM']So, basically, what you have admitted, is that you don't use the sock. OR the sausage and beans method.

Now, in line with your previous minging admissions, I feel that there are some confessions still to be made.

:)[/quote]

Its like bass playing, its all in the hands (just) :rolleyes:

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='493958' date='May 21 2009, 09:21 AM']There's nothing wrong with being a Stokie. I just wouldn't want to be one.[/quote]

For fear of being looked down upon by people who judge you from where you're from?

Or just because you don't want to be an unemployed alchoholic thug like the rest of us?

[quote name='cheddatom' post='493981' date='May 21 2009, 09:56 AM']For fear of being looked down upon by people who judge you from where you're from?[/quote]

I'm from Wolverhampton. I am proud of my roots, hence why I wouldn't want to be a Stokie. (and Robbie Williams is from Stoke)

...or something like that.

Actually, Wolverhapton is a... err...

Edited by EBS_freak