Why become a member? ×

There's no ZING in my strings.

AM1

[quote name='AM1' post='494952' date='May 22 2009, 10:36 AM']I haven't tried that many makes of strings actually, (well not on my basses) it does seem to be Hi-Beams that always die quickly, but I did kill some D'Addarios fairly fast recently as well.[/quote]

That's probably the answer to your question. Try a few different makes. I use to use Rotosounds, but now use Status Hotwires on all my basses and they last ages.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='494959' date='May 22 2009, 10:45 AM']Well, not really, the sweat drips off my face and I would guess a few of those drops get onto the strings, but not a significant amount. I am always soaked through after gigs but my strings have never gone black or even got significantly dirty. Similarly when I play drums I sweat even more, [b]so much that it feels like i've had an extremely sloppy turd in my pants,[/b] but I can still hold onto the sticks!![/quote]

Haha, that sounds like you're speaking from experience! :)

I don't know, I just admitted to being a bit sweaty, now all the rancid confessions are sliming their way out!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[quote name='AM1' post='494952' date='May 22 2009, 10:36 AM']I haven't tried that many makes of strings actually, (well not on my basses) it does seem to be Hi-Beams that always die quickly, but I did kill some D'Addarios fairly fast recently as well.[/quote]

Variety is the spice.........

D'Addarios, Ernie balls and Rotosounds are all makes that I have killed off quickly. Not to say they're rubbish, some bass players I know swear by some of these makes.

[quote name='alexharvay' post='494988' date='May 22 2009, 11:15 AM']Variety is the spice.........

D'Addarios, Ernie balls and Rotosounds are all makes that I have killed off quickly. Not to say they're rubbish, some bass players I know swear by some of these makes.[/quote]

No, no, no.

Hi-Beams are THE LAW!

:)

[quote name='AM1' post='494996' date='May 22 2009, 11:27 AM']No, no, no.

Hi-Beams are THE LAW!

:)[/quote]

Seeing as I've never used them I will give them a bash and see what they're like.

EDIT: Maybe not, they are ridiculously expensive.

Edited by alexharvay

[quote name='alexclaber' post='494960' date='May 22 2009, 10:46 AM']There's no doubt that some people have sweat that kills strings a lot more quickly than others.[/quote]
Sounds plausible to me.

Interestingly, but somewhat disgustingly, I have saliva that can't be used to seal envelopes. I'm the only person in the office who has to use either self-sealing ones or glue the buggers down.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='495113' date='May 22 2009, 01:01 PM']I did it in a night club. And the pub. And walking home from a nightclub.

Never sober mind.[/quote]

You're a catch alright!

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='495124' date='May 22 2009, 01:07 PM']Like an STD.[/quote]

Between constantly crapping yourself and slagging off Warwicks, can you tell me how it is possible to stand totally still while playing bass!

Are you one of those bored looking, "what am I getting for tea" bass players :)

[quote name='AM1' post='495133' date='May 22 2009, 01:15 PM']Between constantly crapping yourself and slagging off Warwicks, can you tell me how it is possible to stand totally still while playing bass!

Are you one of those bored looking, "what am I getting for tea" bass players :)[/quote]

It's pretty complicated. It involves standing still and......actually... that's about it.

The most you get from me is a slight sway of the headstock. Only slight mind, I'm not in Busted.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='495134' date='May 22 2009, 01:18 PM']It's pretty complicated. It involves standing still and......actually... that's about it.

The most you get from me is a slight sway of the headstock. Only slight mind, I'm not in Busted.[/quote]

What happened to the bassist from Busted (and the drummer for that matter - he was a shy fellow) - not that I [i]actually[/i] give a ***t.

I was more a North and South person. "I'm a man, not a boy"... and all that.

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='495204' date='May 22 2009, 02:30 PM']Apparently he was "Busted" during Operation Ore! Ho ho![/quote]

Wahey!

As an aside, I'd just like to say how glad I am that this thread is retard free.

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='495252' date='May 22 2009, 03:23 PM']this thread is retard free.[/quote]

errrrrrm, i'm not sure if I agree with you there. It's the first thread i've read on BC with more than one tale of "sh*tting one's self" (there has got to be a word for that, i've been scouring online thesauruses for the last 15 minutes and can't find one).

[quote name='cheddatom' post='495281' date='May 22 2009, 03:46 PM']errrrrrm, i'm not sure if I agree with you there. It's the first thread i've read on BC with more than one tale of "sh*tting one's self" (there has got to be a word for that, i've been scouring online thesauruses for the last 15 minutes and can't find one).[/quote]

Believe me, compared to other threads on here, this one is retard free... it just has a faint hum of sh1t.