Why become a member? ×

Tecamp One Cab solution !!

Platypus

[quote name='Platypus' post='492642' date='May 19 2009, 08:07 PM']This one stopped me in my tracks:

[url="http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.php?product_id=619&category_id=2"]http://www.bassmerchant.com/item_detail.ph...p;category_id=2[/url][/quote]

It will also stop you in your trunks if you try and lift it up a flight of stairs! :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='492767' date='May 19 2009, 10:18 PM']Surely there is not enough of a difference between 12s and 15s and 12s and 10s for there to be much point in having a hugely complicated crossover? Would rather have the 2x15 + 2x10 isobaric job Ampeg did, just with neo speakers.[/quote]

Yes, I think our resident experts have elluded to the fact that putting too many different sized speakers in one box causes all sorts of problems.. I too would assume that a pretty amazing crossover would be needed for each speaker. however, I would have thought there is too much of an overlap between each for even a crossover to handle, no matter how good?

It seems that Alex's cab, using a 15" and a 6.5" alone to cover the frequency range acurately is all that would be required (or multiples of, to move more air). I've noticed that PA manufacturers, such as Mackie use a similar configuration for an acurate reproduction of audio. (With th einclusion of a tweeter of sorts too).

Tha aside, yes I would love to hear one.. with a Mark Bass F1 sat on top!!!!

[quote name='Hamster' post='492645' date='May 19 2009, 08:12 PM']It will also stop you in your trunks if you try and lift it up a flight of stairs! :)[/quote]

It's lighter than my old Warwick 6x10, which i single handedly lifted up the stairs im my house ONCE. Although i did need a new pair of trunks afterwards.

[quote name='dood' post='493648' date='May 20 2009, 07:47 PM']Yes, I think our resident experts have elluded to the fact that putting too many different sized speakers in one box causes all sorts of problems.. I too would assume that a pretty amazing crossover would be needed for each speaker. however, I would have thought there is too much of an overlap between each for even a crossover to handle, no matter how good?

It seems that Alex's cab, using a 15" and a 6.5" alone to cover the frequency range acurately is all that would be required (or multiples of, to move more air). I've noticed that PA manufacturers, such as Mackie use a similar configuration for an acurate reproduction of audio. (With th einclusion of a tweeter of sorts too).

Tha aside, yes I would love to hear one.. with a Mark Bass F1 sat on top!!!![/quote]

I would guess its divvyed up inside into seperate compartments, maybe there is cunning tuning within them to sort the balance, like those cabs with a speaker inside and a slot, acoustic bandpass or something?

[quote name='dood' post='493648' date='May 20 2009, 02:47 PM']Yes, I think our resident experts have elluded to the fact that putting too many different sized speakers in one box causes all sorts of problems.[/quote]
+1. The only justification for a box of that sort comes from marketing departments, who cater to the desires of customers who have no clue how speakers work and will buy anything if it's hyped enough. It's to bass players as Bose is to housewives. One is too big with too many drivers to work well, the other at the opposite end of the spectrum, the net result is the same.