Why become a member? ×

Help please! Does anyone have a box to ship a bass please? I'm based in Chorley (Lancs).

I'm in urgent need of a box to ship a bass but for once I don't actually have one.  Help of the BC community would be much appreciated!

25 minutes ago, bigthumb said:

I have one from Bass Bros 

Thanks very much, if nothing closer is available I'll PM you later.

• Like 1

If the above offer doesn't pan out, go to your local bicycle shop and ask for a bike box. They'll most likely be more than happy to give one away as it saves them having to get rid of it themselves. You will need to cut it down to fit the bass, but that's easy and the waste cardboard can be used as additional strengthening. IME bike boxes are far sturdier than guitar shipping boxes which only really work if the item is double boxed and the instrument can be replaced by the manufacturer or retailer should something happen to it in transit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

If the above offer doesn't pan out, go to your local bicycle shop and ask for a bike box. They'll most likely be more than happy to give one away as it saves them having to get rid of it themselves. You will need to cut it down to fit the bass, but that's easy and the waste cardboard can be used as additional strengthening. IME bike boxes are far sturdier than guitar shipping boxes which only really work if the item is double boxed and the instrument can be replaced by the manufacturer or retailer should something happen to it in transit.

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Get down to Halfords. They're always trying to shift boxes. 

Yes I've used this method myself a few times in the past.

18 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Car windscreen shipping boxes are in the same camp. Very sturdy. It's a bit of work chopping one down but end result is solid.

Good idea. The other option is a kid's bicycle box. Your local Halfords will happily give you one (mine does, at any rate). I've used them for shipping guitars before.