Why become a member? ×

Black logo MIM Jazz bass value

donslow

Hi all, has been a while since I last posted on here

looking to buy a bass off of a friend and in the interests of offering a fair price I need some help

from the one picture I have so far it’s a black logo, mid 90’s jazz bass, can anyone offer any advice on what would be a fair offering?

d9ef5b4b-6f93-4d4d-bebd-e582fa8cfc65.thumb.jpeg.852be5861d5e179ff90ff24702d1c424.jpeg

A search of completed listings on eBay suggests they go for around £3-500.

That picture seems to indicate it is pretty filthy with some tarnish to the metal work, so a good clean and polish plus possibly some hardware changes will be in order.

90's MIM Jazz with an 80's sprayed pickguard and knobs..  £300 in that condition .  Difficult to tell until you play it.  You need to play it and check it over. If the neck is all good and its set up right put some Aguilar single coils in it then you have a monster jazz bass. If hes your friend I would go £350. 

Edited by bubinga5

The pickguard is correct, I believe it was originally white with strat style knobs. I had one yonks ago but it wasn`t anything spectacular so around £350 seems about right considering it looks like it needs a damm good clean.

On 28/04/2024 at 15:32, BassAgent said:

In that condition, with a pickguard that doesn't have the original colour (it's supposed to be white), with the stickers on it? £300 tops.

I agree with this - absolute max I’d pay for that would be £300, if I was selling it to a friend I’d probably on charge them £250 if that, but you could probably clean it up yourself to make a nice bass again with a bit of elbow grease and a new pickguard 

I recently found one of these in my local music shop and did a little digging. 

Also posted on here about them…

It appears they are Fender Squier Series, not to be confused with Squier by Fender. For reference. My local music shop is selling one for about £360 and it’s in really good condition.