Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn.

greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='490926' date='May 17 2009, 10:09 PM']I know this sounds like a stupid question, but why did you wanna trade your metro for another fender if they are that good? I see you have 2 or 3 fenders at the moment. Why if they are that great do people wanna chop there sadowskys for a fender??[/quote]

I don't think they do Rich. The reason I was initially interested in a trade with you is simply because I've a Sadowsky I'm unlikely to play (I'm playing fretless most of the time now), but like to have a decent fretted on standby for recording, and if it will keep it's value, even better. I'd like a Fender 4-bolt because it means I can swap in/out necks with my other basses, which I can't with the Sadowsky. Re any implied quality gap, if I could get a Sadowsky fretless I'd give my left arm for it, the tone is very special and the build quality of even the Metro line is way ahead of ANYTHING made by Fender I've ever played. I know you're very impressed by the potential value of your CS but the fact is it's worth no more than anyone will pay, so to be honest, much as I've supported your right to make a profit on it, I'd wind your neck in a bit on this thread as you're coming across as a little confrontational :)
Chris

[quote name='greyparrot' post='490926' date='May 17 2009, 10:09 PM']I know this sounds like a stupid question, but why did you wanna trade your metro for another fender if they are that good? I see you have 2 or 3 fenders at the moment. Why if they are that great do people wanna chop there sadowskys for a fender?? No as far as metros go, not interested. 3 offers for metros has kinda put me off. No just us ones please as far as sadowskys go. Thanks.[/quote]

Seriously I have probably owned as many Sadowsky's as anyone on this forum and the metro's are very very close to the US models. Completely different to the difference in US and non US Laklands in my opinion which I thought was noticeable.

Steve

[quote name='Beedster' post='490945' date='May 17 2009, 10:26 PM']I don't think they do Rich. The reason I was initially interested in a trade with you is simply because I've a Sadowsky I'm unlikely to play (I'm playing fretless most of the time now), but like to have a decent fretted on standby for recording, and if it will keep it's value, even better. I'd like a Fender 4-bolt because it means I can swap in/out necks with my other basses, which I can't with the Sadowsky. Re any implied quality gap, if I could get a Sadowsky fretless I'd give my left arm for it, the tone is very special and the build quality of even the Metro line is way ahead of ANYTHING made by Fender I've ever played. I know you're very impressed by the potential value of your CS but the fact is it's worth no more than anyone will pay, so to be honest, much as I've supported your right to make a profit on it, I'd wind your neck in a bit on this thread as you're coming across as a little confrontational :)
Chris[/quote]

If you read my intial post then-just a strait trade, no puns etc right? now read other comments then of course i will say what i feel. Any ways as said, no metros, not interested, no disrespect but only us stuff please. with regard what paople will pay, i guess i will not sell this under £1600 would take £1600 cash or a very tasty bass. But in no hurry what so ever. Please, no more off the mark comments, just offers, if its too much to ask then its time to pull it. I really dont mind. Incidently the only metro i did try a few years ago was not for me.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote]...no disrespect but only us stuff please...[/quote]

Essex meets Geordie. I'd been trying to figure out what it was about GP's syntax I couldn't quite get but I think I've nailed it now.

Back on topic, I'd offer £1100 cash, you make a decent profit and don't have to deal with any more stress. Everyone's a winner.

[quote name='deaver' post='490973' date='May 17 2009, 10:58 PM']Essex meets Geordie. I'd been trying to figure out what it was about GP's syntax I couldn't quite get but I think I've nailed it now.

Back on topic, I'd offer £1100 cash, you make a decent profit and don't have to deal with any more stress. Everyone's a winner.[/quote]

Thank you but no thank you.

Rich.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='490915' date='May 17 2009, 10:01 PM']Look at the first 2 on the other thread and just been asked about a vintage j4 waiting to hear if its a NY one. Keep the offers rolling guys, Thanks[/quote]

Nope, you've got me there! I can see that 'bubinga5 owns an RV5 (I assume that is one of the offers) but I'm not quite sure who the others are...?