Why become a member? ×

Please help me find this song - double bass/vocals

Hi all.

I'm trying to track down a fab tune that I used to have on a compilation cd years ago. I seem to remember it being called Bass In Love, but Google/Spotify/YouTube are all drawing blanks so I must be mistaken. Artist unknown. 

It's a beautiful simple tune with a female singing in a very breathy sensual way "la lal la la la la la la..." to a melody (no lyrics), followed by a bowed double bass "singing" her melody back to her as if in conversation. 

There are other instruments on the track I think but the focus of the track is all about the lady and bass having this little conversation. 

I'm getting back into relearning my upright (properly this time!) after neglecting it for a few years.

I would love to find this tune as it would be a great one to practise my bowing non-skills to. Very simple melody but beautiful. 

I hope one of you guys might know what I'm talking about as it's proving to be an unshakeable earworm!

I can hear it in my head but just can't find it.

Help! 😄

4 minutes ago, miles'tone said:

...I can hear it in my head but just can't find it.

Help! 😄

Can you 'la la la' the melody into a mic' and post it here..? It would help, Shirley..? :friends:

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Can you 'la la la' the melody into a mic' and post it here..? It would help, Shirley..? :friends:

Great tip Dad, I didn't know we could do that.

And don't call me Shirley.

✈️😄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Linus27 said:

What sort of time period are we talking about and what sort of genre? Was it a song in the charts or a Jazz record etc.?

It was on a compilation cd, time period unknown unfortunately as it had allsorts on it.

On 28/03/2024 at 13:18, Linus27 said:

What sort of time period are we talking about and what sort of genre? Was it a song in the charts or a Jazz record etc.?

It was on a kind of a jazzy, world music compilation. Like Putumayo but not Putamayo. Bought around mid 2000s.

I'm wondering what Putumayo-like labels I used to buy...

Now regretting getting rid of most of my CDs way back!

On 29/03/2024 at 14:30, miles'tone said:

Now regretting getting rid of most of my CDs way back!

i could never understand why musicians get rid of their CDS !

i have a wall of jazzfunk jazz latin and releated 0f about 700.

and to me each one of them not only represent a memory, but for me who is a writing musician releasing tracks

they also represent, formats, ideas, colors, textures,  what instrument sounds good with others, whats dark, whats happy

how to create tension, when droping stuff out of a mix whats gluing stuff together, bass tones, and that's even before i start on

FX, reverb types, mix styles bla bla bla.

i think each one has something special to offer.

so to me they are like a very useful library of tools and the thought of getting rid of them just to buy them again in another format seems stupid, so i keep them, some very very hard to get ones as well, yea... i like CDs 🙂

so if you getting rid of anything funkjazz related, im ya man.

its the graveyard where all funky cds get to live agan :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, funkgod said:

i could never understand why musicians get rid of their CDS !

i have a wall of jazzfunk jazz latin and releated 0f about 700.

and to me each one of them not only represent a memory, but for me who is a writing musician releasing tracks

they also represent, formats, ideas, colors, textures,  what instrument sounds good with others, whats dark, whats happy

how to create tension, when droping stuff out of a mix whats gluing stuff together, bass tones, and that's even before i start on

FX, reverb types, mix styles bla bla bla.

i think each one has something special to offer.

so to me they are like a very useful library of tools and the thought of getting rid of them just to buy them again in another format seems stupid, so i keep them, some very very hard to get ones as well, yea... i like CDs 🙂

so if you getting rid of anything funkjazz related, im ya man.

its the graveyard where all funky cds get to live agan 🙂

I've been happily getting along with Spotify for years. This is the first track I haven't been able to find.

On 31/03/2024 at 16:00, miles'tone said:

Same

yea i agree, i also had to get my priorities right, so.... there use to be a thing called a cooker where my cds now are 🤪

Edited by funkgod
  • Haha 3