Why become a member? ×

NBD Stingray Classic!!

Thunderpaws

I feel your pain.

I had a StingRay Classic which was a lush thing. Only sold it to further fund my love affair with Classic Sabres at the time. 

I still hanker after a black/maple Classic StingRay like my pre EB I bought 35 years ago. 

5 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

The words Classic Stingray and Parcelfirce should not be used at the same time in relation to each other. Hope it turns up soon.

Well, apparently they did try and deliver it today but there was nobody in. Funny thing is my mother in law was waiting patiently for its arrival and said there was no know at the door. So, it’s away on its holidays to another depot somewhere for re-delivery tomorrow. Bugger. They didn’t even leave it at the local PO or neighbour. 

3 hours ago, Thunderpaws said:

Well, apparently they did try and deliver it today but there was nobody in. Funny thing is my mother in law was waiting patiently for its arrival and said there was no know at the door. So, it’s away on its holidays to another depot somewhere for re-delivery tomorrow. Bugger. They didn’t even leave it at the local PO or neighbour. 

They did that to me a few weeks back with a Bassbros delivery. They tried to deliver on the Friday and then Monday, said there was no one in which was crap. They eventually delivered it to the main post office which is on a pedestrian precinct and I had to take time off work to collect. Still it didn`t help that Will forgot to give me tracking details but it was ok in the end.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, jezzaboy said:

They did that to me a few weeks back with a Bassbros delivery. They tried to deliver on the Friday and then Monday, said there was no one in which was crap. They eventually delivered it to the main post office which is on a pedestrian precinct and I had to take time off work to collect. Still it didn`t help that Will forgot to give me tracking details but it was ok in the end.

Will at Bassbros was ace to deal with. Tracking info sent at time of sending. 

It’s been delivered today, waiting for me at home…roll on the next hour or so👍

Edited by Thunderpaws
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Here she is in all her glory. Will take some more photos tomorrow when the light is better. 

Stingray Classic from 2011. Lake Tahoe Blue with an ebony fretboard and birdseye maple neck. 

Stunning instrument. Beautiful condition. Only issue is the nut seems cut a little high on the E string. Maybe it’s just me, I’m only used to P basses. 

This thing is solidly built and the finish is amazing. Was thinking about a Stingray Special with blue body and ebony neck, but when this popped up at bassbros I had to have it. 

delighted. Plugged in to my Ampeg SGT DI and it’s sounding mighty.  

IMG_4051.jpeg

IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4050.jpeg

Edited by Thunderpaws
  • Like 24

A looong time ago, 2010 IIRC,  I imported a Veillette Citron bass from the USA. 

Arrived in the UK only to bounce between 2 HMRC depots for about 4 or 5 days.

I watched this on the tracker never understanding why.

Eventually arrived safely though. 

Edited by TheGreek

Posted (edited)

Well, had her at first rehearsal last night and boy did she blow away all expectations. I’ve been looking for something to cut through with three guitarists for years, without just blindly turning the volume up. With the Ampeg SGT pedal plugged in to effects return of a beringer head into a trace Elliot 4-10, this sounded brilliant. Articulate. Punchy. Clear. Love my Pbasses but this Stingray is what I should have been playing all along. It really is a thing to behold!!! Also, felt lovely in the hands and due to the ergonomics I found using a pick with palm mute much easier than ever. 

only thing to work on is that the gloss neck became minutely sticky with hard work and sweat…what’s the best remedy for that? (Without running the finish off) 

Thanks to the previous keeper of this bass for keeping her in such good shape too. 

Edited by Thunderpaws
  • Like 1