Why become a member? ×

Becos CompIQ STELLA Pro Compressor - has anyone got one?

greentext

Morning baschatters! 

As per the title, i'm keen to pick up a CompIQ STELLA Pro Compressor from BECOS, im coming away from using a 'dirty' tone and just a punchy clean bass tone, so having a super dynamic compressor will assist me in getting the most out of my tone. 

I've spoken to BECOS direct any they advised coming in here and asking what people experience are as they currently dont have any UK representation so i'd have to buy unseen and just hope for the best. Any one able to advise one there experience? 

For anyone who is unsure of what this is and wants to know here is a link to there website page (its a veryyyy slow website to navigate) and a great youtubue video demo of the pedal. 

https://becosfx.com/product/compiq-pro-stella-compressor-pedal-for-guitar-bass/#description

• Like 1

There was a huge thread on the Becos comps (in addition to the review thread above) -  (think it started with the CompIQ and covered the mini and whatever the biggest version is called eventually). Very highly specced pieces of kit and seem to do the business.

1 hour ago, pete.young said:

I have one. I know Essex is a big place but if you're at the Colchester end and fancy a trip to Ipswich you're welcome to come round and try it.

@51m0n wrote a great review of it here:

That's the one! Simon's in-depth knowledge about compression is pretty much unrivalled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 21/03/2024 at 10:25, greentext said:

Morning baschatters! 

As per the title, i'm keen to pick up a CompIQ STELLA Pro Compressor from BECOS, im coming away from using a 'dirty' tone and just a punchy clean bass tone, so having a super dynamic compressor will assist me in getting the most out of my tone. 

I've spoken to BECOS direct any they advised coming in here and asking what people experience are as they currently dont have any UK representation so i'd have to buy unseen and just hope for the best. Any one able to advise one there experience? 

For anyone who is unsure of what this is and wants to know here is a link to there website page (its a veryyyy slow website to navigate) and a great youtubue video demo of the pedal. 

https://becosfx.com/product/compiq-pro-stella-compressor-pedal-for-guitar-bass/#description

The video here is new but it's made with the previous version without voicing, feedback compression, and the other features introduced with mk2. There are more comments about Stella Mk2 on Talkbass and BECOS published one of them on their IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4oMSUoM6Nf/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You’ll be pleased to hear I have taken delivery of the latest version with the on board transformer balanced line out. It will be getting my usual in-depth review very soon, you’re in for a treat!

Edited by Dood
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Dood said:

You’ll be pleased to hear I have taken delivery of the latest version with the on board transformer balanced line out. It will be getting my usual in-depth review very soon, you’re in for a treat!

Thank you Dood. I shall look forward to this review, even if the OP seems to have disappeared without trace!

• Like 1