Why become a member? ×

I'm back.

Marco.EB

Hello people,

I can't really find my old introduction post (lazy) but that's okay, I'll make a new one.

For those who remember me ; Marco aka Marco Elwray aka Elwray Basses, I did a passaround around 2019. I was active here since 2018 maybe?

From scratch;

I originally left the forum for disconnect a bit with the digital world, now I can manage that and I spend almost no time in social medias. I did not have any problems with anybody here including Admins. That's said.

My name's Marco, I live in Belgium, I'm 40 now (damn...) I started playing bass at 15/16 yo, with a Suzuki P bass in a band called "Hollow". Since then I always played bass but I never really het into it, never really learned music theory... I can't possibly make a list of basses I've owned, too long. The main interest here is that I restarted making basses again, now that I have moved in a bigger house and invested in more tools, just a month ago I finished my prototype Elwray Basses WN4 (WN for Walnut and 4 for ... 4 strings obviously.) and at this very moment I just finished the first real bass of the "production" (I forgot ot mention it's not a living for me, I'm an amateur and enthusiast and I don't like call me a luthier).

For more info on this last bass I'll make a post with a video, easier I think.

Disclaimer: no ad here, I have no money interest or whatsoever in the following infos;

I've made a couple of videos on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@marcoelwray , sorry main of those are in french.

I've an Instagram account @elwraymarco but nothing very interesting there...

And voilà, no long story here, I'm mainly here to present my basses and get some feedback from people, share with other people making instruments (or curious about making), if you've got some questions don't hesitate to ask them.

See u soon,

Marco

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGreek said:

Welcome back Marco.

I was involved in the Bass Passaround.

Nice bass if I remember rightly...

Be good to see some more of your builds.

Hello, thanks!

It's coming, I need to make a video because it might be a little too long to explain with pictures and text... :) Soon 

56 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Welcome back Marco.

How did that passaround go?  It would make an interesting story.

Hi, thanks too,

it went nice, the bass came back to the house. I took good notice of every feedback. Unfortunately even if that was an "okay" bass (to me), I finally use all the hardware and electronics in another projects, and as there was some quite obvious issues with it, after being fretless I just burned it into the fireplace (yeah , for real) ... lol. As I did with another messy project. But I am very demanding towards myself, I can't support "okay" stuff

As for my prototype of WN4, I am satisfied, it was mainly to put me back in the "business" , but I am very pleased with the "production" number one, which is really good (and I am surprised myself to say so).

You guys make me want to already introduce the bass 😛 

Cheers

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SpondonBassed said:

I think we're all looking looking forward to it.  Especially those who, like myself, are familiar with your previous incarnation on Basschat.

I just finished a first post to recap my builds... with a bit of teasing at the end ;) many thanks for your kind words. 

I was a supporting member but unfortunately I lost my "ranks" but doesn't really matter after all 😛 

• Like 1