Why become a member? ×

FS: Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 & Rack Case, £525 o.n.o. - *SOLD*
£525
Potton, Central East Bedfordshire

*** NOW SOLD ***

Hi Folks, 

In typical Basschat fashion, I have GAS for something else - this time in the 'volume box' department.. 😁

So, For Sale only, is this classic, USA made Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 bass amp. 

I'm looking for £SOLD or near offer (no trades please). 

Thanks to it's combination of a valve (tube) preamp section and MOS FET 600 watt power section, this amp sounds phenomenal, is in full working order and IMHO, is becoming ever more rare and is a bona fide classic amp of the era! 

It comes with a Rack Case and a Marshall footswitch that I had modded to work with this amp so that you can get the best out of all of it's unique features - 5 band semi-parametric e.q., on board compressor, and footswitchable solo boost channel. 

Here's a link to Mesa's website for all the important tech stuff:

https://legacy.mesaboogie.com/support/out-of-production/m-pulse-600.html

Collection much preferred from Potton, Central Bedfordshire, but if absolutely necessary, I could ship it at buyer's expense and only if it's fully insured. 

And obviously, you're very welcome to come and test it here (with your bass of choice) through a Genz 112 or an Aguilar 212, with plenty of tea/coffee & biscuits on tap! 

I'll put some more photos up at some point over the next day or so, but here's a couple for now. 

Any questions, please ask here or send me a PM. 

Thanks for looking. 😊

Nik

IMG_20221230_111658.jpg

IMG_20221230_111644.jpg

Edited by silverfoxnik
SOLD
  • Like 6

Remarkable amps these. I absolutely believe that the sound you want is in there. The valve front end and mos-fet power stage is a brilliant combination.

A really commanding presence on stage and at a great price. On top of that you are dealing with a very fine and respected Basschatter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Steve Browning - hope all's well with you! 

I couldn't agree more with you about these amps ; they sound fabulous whatever kind of bass you use, ir whatever kind of music you make. 

Fortunately, I also have a Walkabout combo (which I use constantly), otherwise this wouldn't be up for sale... 

Tempted to buy this just for the excuse of a drive and a catch-up Nik, even I don't need two though :)

I've played/owned pretty much every Mesa Boogie unit out there from the 80's monsters through to the current wave of lightweight units and I think the M-Pulse 600 is still my favourite, I've certainly found it the best combination of power, tone, versatility, and usability (the Carbine M6 came a close second). 

Ridiculous how cheap you can get this gear for these days ........ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

Tempted to buy this just for the excuse of a drive and a catch-up Nik, even I don't need two though :)

I've played/owned pretty much every Mesa Boogie unit out there from the 80's monsters through to the current wave of lightweight units and I think the M-Pulse 600 is still my favourite, I've certainly found it the best combination of power, tone, versatility, and usability (the Carbine M6 came a close second). 

Ridiculous how cheap you can get this gear for these days ........ 

We should just do the meet up anyway, Chris.... 😁

• Thanks 1

Hi John, 

I'm good thanks - how are you doing? 

Yes, funnily enough, I'll be heading south soon.. Probably the weekend of 9/10 March.

Are you looking to acquire another Boogie amp by any chance....🤔

And does that answer help, or not help (as the case may be)? 😬😁

3 hours ago, silverfoxnik said:

Hi John, 

I'm good thanks - how are you doing? 

Yes, funnily enough, I'll be heading south soon.. Probably the weekend of 9/10 March.

Are you looking to acquire another Boogie amp by any chance....🤔

And does that answer help, or not help (as the case may be)? 😬😁

Now you've made your travels with desirable Boogie gear public I'd watch your step at the service stations en-route Nik :)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Piers_Williamson said:

What a fantastic amp.  DO you know how much it weighs (approx)?

From a Talk Bass thread 20 years ago :

"I weighed my M-Pulse 600 (mtd. in a SKB 4U rack)
40 Lbs. (SKB 4U = 12Lbs)
M-Pulse 600 weighs 28 Lbs." 

Hope that helps.... 

I thought you'd sold that a few yrs back @silverfoxnik.

I've still got mine altho its my home practice amp these days with my PH212 cab. Has to be one of THE best bass amps ever made.

As close to an all-valve amp as you can possible get with pre-amp valves and Mosfet power stage. Solid build quality too.

Not sure i'll ever part with mine. Its that good its a keeper for me. 

GLWTS 

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

I thought you'd sold that a few yrs back @silverfoxnik.

I've still got mine altho its my home practice amp these days with my PH212 cab. Has to be one of THE best bass amps ever made.

As close to an all-valve amp as you can possible get with pre-amp valves and Mosfet power stage. Solid build quality too.

Not sure i'll ever part with mine. Its that good its a keeper for me. 

GLWTS 

Dave

That's some practice amp, Dave!! 

That being the case, what on earth do you gig with?? 

This rig perhaps.. 😬

0848774c1cb0fd45e495ffc62908231d.jpg

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

That's some practice amp, Dave!! 

That being the case, what on earth do you gig with?? 

This rig perhaps.. 😬

0848774c1cb0fd45e495ffc62908231d.jpg

I wish :laugh1:

I use an Ampeg SVT7 Pro into Mesa Subway 210/115 cabs.

I simply couldn't bare to part with my first Mesa rig. Means i can have a permanent rig at home and my working rig is stored in my heated garage along with the larger PA cabs.

Dave

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Never tried the Subway cabs myself, but I only hear good things about them... 

I personally prefer the 115 cab. Lighter than the 210 and it sounds pretty much the same tone as my PH212. 

I tend to turn the horns off but the 15" speaker has a nice high end too. It surprised me how wide a range it had.

The main thing is i can do a one hand lift with my cabs. I've even carried one in each hand to a venue altho its a bummer when you try to get thru doors with a cab in each hand. :laugh1:

If you get a chance try them out. Quality is 2nd to none. Great solid cabs.

Dave

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, silverfoxnik said:

Never tried the Subway cabs myself, but I only hear good things about them... 

I've got a couple of Uk tours this year, Nik. If I'm in your neck of the woods you'd be welcome to swing by and check them out.

• Like 2

• silverfoxnik changed the title to SOLD: Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600 & Rack Case, £SOLD