Why become a member? ×

JPTR FX Bonus

stewblack

Ordered a rather fetching shirt from this lovely company. It arrived today and along with a sticker (I like stickers) there was something, small, flat and made of metal.

Well, we Blacks are well known for quick thinking, and for me it was the work of a moment to deduce that this must be a business card. The world's most expensive one at that.

I showed my mum and she immediately recognised my error. This, my child, she said in the patient tones of one who knows, is a vital component of an effect pedal. You should return it forthwith.

What do you think Basschat? Should I? Or, should I perhaps break out the solder (or sodder if you're from the US of A) and have a go?

Compress_20240214_133212_2285.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

Ordered a rather fetching shirt from this lovely company. It arrived today and along with a sticker (I like stickers) there was something, small, flat and made of metal.

Well, we Blacks are well known for quick thinking, and for me it was the work of a moment to deduce that this must be a business card. The world's most expensive one at that.

I showed my mum and she immediately recognised my error. This, my child, she said in the patient tones of one who knows, is a vital component of an effect pedal. You should return it forthwith.

What do you think Basschat? Should I? Or, should I perhaps break out the solder (or sodder if you're from the US of A) and have a go?

Compress_20240214_133212_2285.jpg

JPTR include them when you buy a pedal too. So your only viable option is to have a go! 

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

JPTR include them when you buy a pedal too. So your only viable option is to have a go! 

Hmm. Why didn't I get one with my Jive I wonder 🤔

*starts digging for the box*

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2024 at 21:50, stewblack said:

Has it arrived?

not yet; it has shipped earlier this week, so expecting to hear from DHL next week that it's in the country, I assume they will want the government's pound of flesh and their share too before delivering it to me

2 hours ago, Aidan63 said:

not yet; it has shipped earlier this week, so expecting to hear from DHL next week that it's in the country, I assume they will want the government's pound of flesh and their share too before delivering it to me

I'm pretty sure tax is included in the price.

• Thanks 1

On 26/02/2024 at 21:50, stewblack said:

Has it arrived?

Arrived today, Royal Mail delivered it, no charges as yet, though customs label shows sales of goods and full price of the unit so surprised at that - have Royal Mail/DHL/DP got some sort of deal sorted, or have they just given up collecting for HMRC, there's no VAT number for JPTR FX on the label. 

Anyway it is a mental pedal, and very loud, not sure how you'd use it musically, that's for my friend to find out, so many knobs including the big one with no name just a moon symbol plus the momentary button and an expression pedal option, but what that does I know not, there's no instructions, no suggested settings though some, sort of useful, interactive demos on Loopy Demos website

came with a bunch of stickers plus the circuit board business card, does anyone have a link for wiring and component populating it to make a pedal or incorporate it into an instrument ?