Why become a member? ×

Vigier Passion 1988 Roland GK (£1800)
£2200
York

ped

This was my favourite bass for sooo long. Feels really strange to be selling it but I'm just not playing it now and I guess my tastes have changed. It makes me sad to see it in its case not being used.

I have had five Vigier basses and this one slayed them all, including basses by many other top marques during it's reign. The action is super low, the neck dead flat, the sound is often described as like a 'velvet covered brick'

It was originally bought as a pickup/preamp-less 'chassis' which was later filled with Basstec pickups and a Marleaux 3 band pre. The Roland GK system with up/down buttons was added some years later and works flawlessly - I used to use it with the Vbass and later the VB99 system for some outstanding synth sounds, including polyphonic effects which to my mind still haven't been matched by anything Roland or anyone else have done since.

Being a carbon neck thru with no truss rod it's also extremely light, my scales showing 7.lbs

Please ask if you have any questions. I prefer not to post, but will meet a fair distance away. The original case is also in excellent condition and quite rare.

Cheers

ped

IMG_2152.jpeg

IMG_7920.jpeg

IMG_7921.jpeg

The controls - the two small knobs at the back are treble and bass, the next down from that is mids, the next is a GK assignable control, then the one near the bridge pickup is pan then the one near the neck pickup is vol. The two buttons are GK assignable for example patch up/down or to turn effects on and off.

IMG_7922.jpeg

IMG_7923.jpeg

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7925.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7931.jpeg

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Sad 1

I feel dirty after reading this and the Celinder post.

How could you?! 😅 These two are, for whatever reason, THE basschat basses.

Wish I could grab this one, mega bass 🔥

• Like 1

• ped changed the title to Vigier Passion 1988 Roland GK (£1800)

Thanks guys. I must say it's been fantastic becoming the resident Vigier expert and getting to know these amazing instruments so well. I have just reduced the price, now I'm minded to sell I want a new home for it soon. Buyer has to give me first dibs when/if they decide to sell! 

Also, added a sound clip - I'm sure I have more somewhere.