Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 715 SMC - "probably just need a bit of welding or something like that" - BIN £45

Just looked the weight up and it's 35Kg.

Thats 77lb

5.5 stone

686 Mars bars

0.002% of a new London Bus

0.0002% of a juvenile blue whale

60% of a Taylor Swift

30% of an average rugby union forward (professional)

and a hell of a lot to move up a loft ladder

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, oldslapper said:

£26

Used TE gear appears to be cheap as chips. Ridiculous really.

That is the problem tbh, I'm trying to sell an Ashdown 410 for pretty much whatever I can get for it... nobody seems to want something that size at the moment! 

Will there be a renaissance one day soon and everyone will switch back to heavy gear? Personally whilst the amp sims etc are great... I still prefer the trouser flapping of a proper amp.

Could be a fun project to fix this Trace Elliott though, not a good financial decision but could be interesting haha

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tim2291 said:

I still prefer the trouser flapping of a proper amp.

But do your trousers flap?

Not withstanding the fact that the last time wore trousers with enough surplus material to move in the wind was some time in the 70s; even when I was playing rock covers or in a psychobilly punk band with a 1kW rig I have never needed so much on-stage volume that I could feel the air move.

4 minutes ago, BigRedX said:

But do your trousers flap?

Not withstanding the fact that the last time wore trousers with enough surplus material to move in the wind was some time in the 70s; even when I was playing rock covers or in a psychobilly punk band with a 1kW rig I have never needed so much on-stage volume that I could feel the air move.

I'm trying to bring the 70's look back and the rest of the band love carrying 2 8x10s in to every gig ;)! Flares are cool right, if you buy them thin enough they flap around quite a lot?!

• Haha 1

So I contacted the seller on this one and asked for more details, apparently it shows it has power and the fan kicks in. It did sell on ebay but I then got another message from them... Apparently they gave the money back to the winning bidder (£25 and not me) as they wanted to get more than £50 for it... I offered them £15 😆 working examples are selling for around £60 so no way this is worth anywhere near that not working!