Why become a member? ×

Classic Vibe 60's Precision neck - and then some - *SOLD*
£144
Portsmouth

What do you do when you've had lemons palmed off on you? You make lemonade for someone.

I was after a Precision body and was sold the body in the picture. It transpired that the neck pocket was shorter than a standard pocket. The attitude of the seller was basically 'get lost' and the (gratefully received) efforts of the admins was also rebuffed. I had thought I'd go down the Small Claims route, but that's a faff. Just because I bought it from someone who was hooky (wink) needn't be all bad. Here's the lowdown (wink).

After the above, I have decided to take a different approach. I bought a Squier Classic Vibe 60's and have kept only the body for my project. This sale is for the body I was sold, which has a good bridge on it, and the entire rest of the Classic 60s bass, including the hardware, pickup etc. Plus, it comes in a very nice Warwick gig bag. Strings are also included.

What's the catch, you ask? As stated, the neck pocket is shorter than standard. This means that the holes in the neck don't line up with those in the body. For someone not afraid of a couple of minutes of drilling, you get a nice bass (I reckon the body's alder but can't swear to it). The scale length is correct, so no problem there. Do be mindful that you will need to do the drilling, just to underline the point. There are 14 screws on the scratchplate so you will to do some fettling if you want to use the tort plate. The body is relic'd, as you see. Not the greatest work but there you go.

Happy to post. I have a box and it'll be in it's gig bag and well padded. Delivery is likely to be about 25 quid.

Hopefully a nice end (for someone, if not me). The price is to recover the cost of the body and is cheaper than some other Classic Vibe necks you could buy, on their own. Available to everyone, with one exception.

20240203_092857.jpg

20240203_093103.jpg

Edited by Steve Browning
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Steve Browning changed the title to Classic Vibe 60's Precision neck - and then some
2 hours ago, Steve Browning said:

I have estimated based on the cost of shipping the whole thing to me. I guess the box can be smaller but whether that is significant I don't know. 

I apologise, I did not pick that up in your text 

3 hours ago, Beedster said:

Frankly if no-one’s gonna take this I certainly will, so if you want it more than I do, you’ve got ‘til 7.00 this evening 👍

Tempted to pip you to it, but am about to make a fairly unnecessary and large-ish purchase next week, so... must resist! 

• Haha 1

• Steve Browning changed the title to SOLD - Classic Vibe 60's Precision neck - and then some