Why become a member? ×

Little Feat at the Sage

[quote name='voodoobassman' post='485767' date='May 12 2009, 11:35 AM']Did anyone get along to the Sage last night? Wonderful gig by Feat and a demonstration of minimalist bass playing by Kenny Gradney. Less is more.
OK he did get a solo spot, but very tasteful. Oh yes and I see see him slapping once but the song needed it.
A lesson to us all.[/quote]

I *really* wanted to go, but just as I was about to buy the tickets Ry Cooder decided to put a gig in there, too. Alas, one or the other for me, and Ry won.

Shame...

Yes I was there - in disguise of course in case Kenny would be too embarrassed to play if he saw me.

Super cool performance making everything look so easy. Thought it was an unusual choice of bass but he was obviously comfortable with the Factor. Might still try and make the Ry Cooder gig.

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='485777' date='May 12 2009, 11:46 AM']I *really* wanted to go, but just as I was about to buy the tickets Ry Cooder decided to put a gig in there, too. Alas, one or the other for me, and Ry won.

Shame...[/quote]

I'm only getting Belfast and Edinburgh on Google. doesn't look has if he's coming down south at all.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='485810' date='May 12 2009, 12:15 PM']....Thought it was an unusual choice of bass but he was obviously comfortable with the Factor....[/quote]
Kenny Gradney has been playing Kubiki basses for years.

Only just started listening to Feat recently - Starting off with 'Feats Don't Fail Me Now' - fave tracks are 'Spanish Moon' and 'Skin It Back' - really love the grooves, kind of like an early more southern Steely Dan. Which album should I get next?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='485815' date='May 12 2009, 12:22 PM']I'm only getting Belfast and Edinburgh on Google. doesn't look has if he's coming down south at all.[/quote]
He's not... Gateshead is his only English gig. Hence the £55 ticket price, I suppose... :)

[quote name='ped' post='486329' date='May 12 2009, 08:29 PM']....Only just started listening to Feat recently - Starting off with 'Feats Don't Fail Me Now' - fave tracks are 'Spanish Moon' and 'Skin It Back' - really love the grooves, kind of like an early more southern Steely Dan. Which album should I get next?....[/quote]
Let It Roll. This was their reunion record when they got back together after 10 years. It's with Craig Fuller on vocals and I reckon it's one of the best.

Then check out Waiting For Columbus, the live double CD. Nearly the last thing they recorded with Lowell George.

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='ped' post='486329' date='May 12 2009, 08:29 PM']Only just started listening to Feat recently - Starting off with 'Feats Don't Fail Me Now' - fave tracks are 'Spanish Moon' and 'Skin It Back' - really love the grooves, kind of like an early more southern Steely Dan. Which album should I get next?[/quote]
All of 'em! :)
Seriously - at least those with Lowell George. In particular, Sailin' Shoes, Dixie Chicken, The Last Record Album, Time Loves A Hero plus the live double album Waiting For Columbus. There's a few compilations and the post-Lowell George Feat have gone on to produce a bunch more albums. So there's a few to choose from! :rolleyes:

[quote name='ped' post='486329' date='May 12 2009, 08:29 PM']Only just started listening to Feat recently - Starting off with 'Feats Don't Fail Me Now' - fave tracks are 'Spanish Moon' and 'Skin It Back' - really love the grooves, kind of like an early more southern Steely Dan. Which album should I get next?[/quote]
Waiting for Columbus would be a good start...