Why become a member? ×

sabre bass

megssab

The new one or the old one? The new one is more like a P-bass: flats for detroit, rotosound rounds for rock. I'm a big fan of GHS Boomers for a middy aggressive sound (Flea the most Famous endorsee).

The old one (dual humbuckers), I'd be thinking round wound?

It really depends on the music you're playing?

10 minutes ago, bloke_zero said:

The new one or the old one? The new one is more like a P-bass

I think you're confusing it with the Caprice (PJ) or Cutlass (P). The old Cutlass I and II were a Stingray and a Sabre with a graphite neck. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeftyJ said:

I think you're confusing it with the Caprice (PJ) or Cutlass (P). The old Cutlass I and II were a Stingray and a Sabre with a graphite neck. 

You're right! Sorry. Ok - GHS boomers - brightish, growly and aggresive to complement the HH.

Strings is a very personal thing, depends entirely on personal preferences, as well as what kind of music you play.

Personally I would string it with a set of D'Addario EXL220BT balanced tension: gauge .095 - .070 - .055 - .040.

Or even better a custom wound roundwound nickel-plated hex steel core Diamond series set of Newtone bass strings, gauge: .095 - .072 - .055 - .040 : https://newtonestrings.com/shop/custom-bass-string-configurator/

But you'll get a different answer from each different person you ask.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash