Why become a member? ×

Will this adpater do the job ??

fleabag

I was sort of looking for a similar solution but ended-up with a lead with a Neutrik silent jack (Designacable).  It seems to work very efficiently and I haven't had a problem - a really quick change-over between basses.  That said, both the pedals above look like a good bet

I needed an AB pedal a while ago, and settled on the Fender ABY which can currently be had for £31 new.

Silent switching and battery only required for the LED. Great pedal, solid and no fuss.
Thomann also do what looks like a similar version ‘Lead Foot ABY’ for £19.40, has good reviews.

Handy pedals to have around. I’m not currently using mine but if I sold it no doubt I’d need another

one soon after!

On 21/12/2023 at 20:07, Chienmortbb said:

I would not use either. The bass that you are not using will be a parallel impedance to the bass you are using. This will affect your tone, and not in a good way.

Totally agree. It also depends what the two basses are as the result will be different. For example if both are passive then the tone controls on one will effect the other and vice- versa.  It would be best to have complete isolation via a switch of some sort.

• Like 1

On 22/12/2023 at 14:00, rushbo said:

If you don't mind waiting for a few days, I can recommend this:

https://www.wish.com/product/58aed34a9c0dfe067bc0919a

It came from that purveyor of quality electronics; Wish, but it's robust and works well. It's an ABY box and works passively - the power only illuminates the LEDs. With postage and various discount codes, mine cost about £12.

Screenshot2023-12-22135605.png.ae17fa36412d522a9045810833f9b320.png

Works a treat and small !

switcher.jpg.c91bd74859a16860c05bc4483c4c953f.jpg

• Like 3