• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

NW Bass Bash 2024 - Sat May 18th

rwillett

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Yay, less than 2 weeks to go!

I’m about to play gig 3 of 4 of the Bank Holiday weekend, and I’m using the Puma I bought from you. It’s bleedin’ marvellous.

Edited by ossyrocks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ossyrocks said:

I’m about to play gig 3 of 4 of the Bank Holiday weekend, and I’m using the Puma I bought from you. It’s bleedin’ marvellous.

Yeah, way too good to be a backup, innit?  Enjoy!

I tried to get to the Aspinall Arms. I actually got in the car park and couldn’t find a space , tried to get out and an oil tanker was stuck as people had blocked both sides of the road. Tempers were starting to rise, so I abandoned the attempt. I could see the white marquee and hear music but couldn’t park

hope the gig went well. Let me know the next time you’re playing. 

rob

5 hours ago, rwillett said:

I tried to get to the Aspinall Arms. I actually got in the car park and couldn’t find a space , tried to get out and an oil tanker was stuck as people had blocked both sides of the road. Tempers were starting to rise, so I abandoned the attempt. I could see the white marquee and hear music but couldn’t park

hope the gig went well. Let me know the next time you’re playing. 

rob

Oh heck, sorry Rob. It was a pretty good gig, but our gig at the Rose & Crown later was better. The Aspinall was absolutely rammed with people. They must make a mint. 

Oddly enough just received an email confirming payment and key access at the same time as your notification. So hall now confirmed. 

We have the whole hall including kitchen.flr the whole day. 

My daughters have promised to do some baking the night before. Food, tea and coffee will be free but a contribution to one of my daughters charity's welcomed. 

Clapham is not a major metropolis not even a small village. We have a village shop, we have a decent cafe at the Old Sawmill, a pub and a bar that has new management and that's about it. 

I'm happy to do breakfast bacon or sausage butties in the morning at the hall if people would be interested. For lunch i can pizzas in the oven. That might be easiest but am happy with any other suggestions. 

• Like 1

On 05/05/2024 at 17:33, neepheid said:

Yay, less than 2 weeks to go!

I’ll have this to bring along Matt. I’ve been busy and I’ve forgotten to do a modding thread. 
IMG_4875.thumb.jpeg.a2327a274d92a8b36e656f1cf3ab17c6.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreeneKing said:

I’ll have this to bring along Matt. I’ve been busy and I’ve forgotten to do a modding thread. 

Will be interesting to AB with an unmodified D5, looking forward to that!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any special dietary requirements please? Please note fillet steak, Chateaubriand, Montrachet and freshly caught scallops are not dietry requirements unless you bring a note from your doctor and your mum.

So if you are vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, nut free, diary free, gluten free or something else please let me know through a DM. 

I am planning to put pizzas in the oven for lunch so will have a selection but it would be good to know if people can't eat somethings.

If there is enough demand, happy to do bacon or sausage (meat and/or vegetarian) for breakfast. 

@neepheid can you let me know approx when you intend to come please? You are welcome at any time as I work from home. 

I also still have a spare bedroom with a double bed if anybody needs somewhere to stay for either Fri or Sat. 

Thanks

Rob

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GreeneKing said:

I also had to do a double take the first time I saw your pic - I was looking at it on my phone and that towel is obscuring the E tuner successfully enough for me to initially think "has it been converted into a 3 string bass?" :D

7 hours ago, rwillett said:

You can still come...

Not with the amount of travelling I already have to do this week 😪

I shall enjoy the photos, then get off my backside and sort out next year's Midlands Bass Bash. 

7 hours ago, rwillett said:

Does anyone have any special dietary requirements please? Please note fillet steak, Chateaubriand, Montrachet and freshly caught scallops are not dietry requirements unless you bring a note from your doctor and your mum.

So if you are vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, nut free, diary free, gluten free or something else please let me know through a DM. 

I am planning to put pizzas in the oven for lunch so will have a selection but it would be good to know if people can't eat somethings.

If there is enough demand, happy to do bacon or sausage (meat and/or vegetarian) for breakfast. 

@neepheid can you let me know approx when you intend to come please? You are welcome at any time as I work from home. 

I also still have a spare bedroom with a double bed if anybody needs somewhere to stay for either Fri or Sat. 

Thanks

Rob

I eat anything. This is very good of you Rob.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, rwillett said:

Thanks

Rob

This is very thoughtful of you, Rob. No dietary issues from me ... as my old dad used to say, "Eats anything, fond of children."!

After lurking for a long time it looks like I can probably come along. Will have to leave at 4.

@Frank Blank - Jabba short scales, fretted and fretless, Ibanez SRC6, QSC K12.2, Grace Design preamp.

@rwillett - Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 - Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjam - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

@GreeneKing - ACG B Retro 5 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob, Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with Noll preamp, Eich T900, Accugroove Tri 112, pedalboard (?)

@Ruarl - Sei Original Headless 6, Ibanez GWB1005, JV Precision modified into an active PJ, Ibanez EHB1506MS (for sale!). Barefaced Big Baby 2 & Quilter BB800. Maybe the Tacoma fretless acoustic if there's room in the car. I might chuck the G&L ASAT (non-bass!!) in too.

• Like 1

Brilliant,  sadly Frank can't make it

@rwillett- Ibanez short scale, Fender Jazz bass, Fender Mustang bass, Telecaster, Westone six string, 3d printed guitar, small practise bass amp, small practise guitar amp, Mod Dwarf, various guitar/USB interfaces and quite a lot of software and a fair few laptops as required. I live next door  Probably cake as well.

@ossyrocks- '73 P bass, '73 J bass, '78 P bass, '87 MIJ P Bass, Fender Bassman 50 (rebuilt from the ground up by Gartone), Bergantino Forte D, TE Elf, Barefaced Super Compact and One10, Fender Rumble 100.

@sifi2112 - Vigier Excess 4, Mas26 (x2) sfx D3 preamp Koch ATR4502 poweramp 

@neepheid - Some and hopefully all of Epiphone Jack Casady, G&L L-1000, Epiphone Les Paul Standard, G&L Tribute LB-100, Sire D5, Reverend Triad, Yamaha BB1200, Harley Benton HB-50, Soloking MJ-1, Epiphone Explorer, Markbass Mini CMD 121P IV, Markbass NY 121 cab

@ead - ACG SLG 32" 4-string; "Lee Sklar bass"; Ibanez Grooveline GS104; Yamaha Attitude Special; SBMM Pete Wentz Stingray sig bass; practice amp (with headphones)

@Muzz Three or four various Shukers, Dingwall ABZ4, modded BB414, modded Rumble 100, modded Westone Quantum, Helix Stomp, possibly Walkabout and BF cabs if I've got enough room in the car...

@peterjam - ACG J-Type 4-string (0096), ACG Finn Fretless 4-string (0122), ACG Harlot 6-string (0240), ESP Ltd B-208FM 8-string, Michael Kelly Firefly 4-string acoustic,  Chapman Grand Stick 10-string (deep matched reciprocal tuning), Ashbory Mk2 4-string, Phil Jones Bass BG-110 Bass Cub Combo ... and cake.

@GreeneKing - ACG B Retro 5 35”, two Zoot Funkmeisters both 32” scale, one a P with a Noll preamp and the other a J with a John East Uni Pre 5 knob, Cort Elrick NSJ5 35” with Noll preamp, Eich T900, Accugroove Tri 112, pedalboard (?)

@Ruarl - Sei Original Headless 6, Ibanez GWB1005, JV Precision modified into an active PJ, Ibanez EHB1506MS (for sale!). Barefaced Big Baby 2 & Quilter BB800. Maybe the Tacoma fretless acoustic if there's room in the car. I might chuck the G&L ASAT (non-bass!!) in too.

• Sad 1

I'm going to change the bass line up I'll be bringing as I have now sold the SBMM, Yamaha and Ibanez basses :)

The line up will be:  Limelight "Lee Sklar" bass; ACG P-Type (one of only 2 in the world); ACG Graft J Type and ACG SLG 32" scale + practice amp and headphones.

1 minute ago, ead said:

I'm going to change the bass line up I'll be bringing as I have now sold the SBMM, Yamaha and Ibanez basses :)

The line up will be:  Limelight "Lee Sklar" bass; ACG P-Type (one of only 2 in the world); ACG Graft J Type and ACG SLG 32" scale + practice amp and headphones.

Great, you'll have space and funds to buy one of my basses then ;)

• Haha 1

Last chance for letting me know about any dietry issues. Otherwise it'll be a selection of pizzas. 

Also any interest in bacon butties or sausage sarnies on arrival? 

1 hour ago, rwillett said:

Last chance for letting me know about any dietry issues. Otherwise it'll be a selection of pizzas. 

Also any interest in bacon butties or sausage sarnies on arrival? 

I am partial to a bacon butty, crispy smoked streaky and real butter being the ideal. Just call me Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall.