Why become a member? ×

DemonFX Question

glassmoon

Hello all, 

Question... Does DemonFX have a version of the DarkGlass Vintage Microtubes? That's really the sound I hear in my head when I think of drive, mostly after watching an old Steve Lawson YT clip where he's showing off his pedals (LINK) <around 02:20 he talks about the VMT>.

Anyway... That's what I'm after. Any thoughts?
Kind regards
Julian aka Glassmoon

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 10:00, glassmoon said:

Thanks all - looks like the Demonfx Alpha Omicron  might be a good option to try... still a little dirty though.  The Vintage MicroTubes is just so satisfyingly "clean"

You can't go wrong. They're great pedals, really well made too.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:12, glassmoon said:

Hello all, 

Question... Does DemonFX have a version of the DarkGlass Vintage Microtubes? That's really the sound I hear in my head when I think of drive, mostly after watching an old Steve Lawson YT clip where he's showing off his pedals (LINK) <around 02:20 he talks about the VMT>.

Kind regards
Julian aka Glassmoon

They don't at the moment. I actually emailed them to ask if they had any plans to make one. They said they'd consider it.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:12, glassmoon said:

Hello all, 

Kind regards
Julian aka Glassmoon

Seeing as Darkglass stuff kinda grew up in the DIY community, you could build your own? https://www.musikding.de/Guma-Antique-Overdrive-kit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, glassmoon said:

Thanks very much for the link @LukeFRC. Do you know how "close" this one is to the DG?

Oh, I was not aware DG came from the BYOD community. Very interesting 

I don’t know what BYOD means but early varients we’re on diystompboxes 

https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=69335.0 

Another version here https://www.musikding.de/Maelstrom-Bass-Drive-kit  Electronically it will be similar - I think one of the chips is hard to source (see note on Schalltechnik version) 

I think If you want it to be the same buy a darkglass made one.