Why become a member? ×

Soloking Roscoe Beck IV copy

MichaelDean

Tracking's gone dry, projected date of today has disappeared and been replaced with... nothing.  There's a worrying line in the tracking that Andertons links you to - "DISCREPANCY SCAN".

Getting the sinking feeling that they've "lost" my one.  If so, that'll be the second bass of mine this year D!ck Heads Limited has eaten.  FFS.

• Sad 5

Interesting, I noised up Andertons and they got back to me pretty quickly, and they see "Discrepancy scan" as "Misrouted". This makes sense now as I've seen a further "Discrepancy scan" in Edinburgh. So looks like it might be getting to me, but taking a "pin the tail on the donkey" approach to getting a parcel to Aberdeen...  Edinburgh, close enough, innit?  Scotland, innit? ;)

EDIT: It's starting to look like a case of "got put in the back of the wrong van/truck".  If it is indeed in Edinburgh this morning then fingers crossed I'll get it tomorrow.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, neepheid said:

Interesting, I noised up Andertons and they got back to me pretty quickly, and they see "Discrepancy scan" as "Misrouted". This makes sense now as I've seen a further "Discrepancy scan" in Edinburgh. So looks like it might be getting to me, but taking a "pin the tail on the donkey" approach to getting a parcel to Aberdeen...  Edinburgh, close enough, innit?  Scotland, innit? ;)

Still has to pass through Fife and the dreaded Ballingry Triangle though. I'd order another; once in there, nothing ever gets out again.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, snorkie635 said:

I believe there's a three-way traffic light system in operation at Drumnadrochit; a landslip near Pennan and flooding across Fyvie. Don't wait up. 😅

Bloody hell, Fyvie, that's a wee place that doesn't get mentioned very often!

• Haha 1

Just now, snorkie635 said:

Every 'wee olace' will have its day. Tune in next week for what to do in Methlick on a Saturday night. 🥳

Fun fact about Methlick, they have a cricket ground which they have affectionately named "Laird's" (Doric for "Lord's").

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

We had a thread about these a couple of years ago. Original link's dead but it looks as though they were £500 originally.

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/454902-soloking-bass/

Anderton's flogging them off at half original rrp, presumably. B|

That's interesting.  Andertons doing their best memory hole impression to try to imply that these are revelatory then? :D

Mini toggles are 2 way, series/single.  So a coil split, that's all.  Was getting confused because the specs mention a 3 way control but they're talking about the pickup selector blade.

Can also confirm that the jack socket cup isn't so deep as to prevent the use of right angle jack sockets (Neutrik ones at least).

3 minutes ago, Lfalex v1.1 said:

I'd have preferred 3 way, per the original. Or maybe parallel / single.

Series pickups often sound "shouty" (Looking at you, Ibanez SRXs)

I'm a series sl@g, I love the sound of pickups in series!  Each to their own.  At least the switches are there and the pickups are already split at the series join - wouldn't take much to replace the switches with 3-way ones and rewire if one was so inclined.

Edited by neepheid
  • Like 1

On 15/12/2023 at 15:13, neepheid said:

Well, it has arrived.  Pics soon (I'm supposed to be working...).  First impressions favourable/good/great.  More details soon.

Where's the NBD thread, then? I've been waiting HOURS for some vicarious pleasure.

Think of your civic duty, man...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Killerfridge said:

Andertons video up now for those interested

They've clearly never heard of Roscoe Beck or his signature basses... 🙄

Still, a pretty positive review. The blue looks particularly good 💙

• Like 1