Why become a member? ×

Good or Bad ?

nilorius

Going by what I`ve heard at The London Bass Guitar Show you`d probably be named as a bad bassist. I remember trying a bass out there and playing Warhead by The UK Subs with a plectrum and people were literally open-mouthed, seems I wasn`t a part of the slappers gang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I believe there’s a talented bass player kind of folk and then there are literally 1000’s of acceptable bass players that do what’s needed for the band they are part of. 

Highly talented doesn’t always make a good team player or band asset but being good enough and fitting in are more important in my view 

3 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

Going by what I`ve heard at The London Bass Guitar Show you`d probably be named as a bad bassist. I remember trying a bass out there and playing Warhead by The UK Subs with a plectrum and people were literally open-mouthed, seems I wasn`t a part of the slappers gang.

I carry around a pick for this reason. I’ve only been playing a year and I’ve yet to meet anyone else who plays with a pick. I am learning to play with fingers but only as I might play at church one day. 
I have zero interest in learning how to slap, in reality it isn’t that useful for most songs/music styles and the type of music it does fit into I don’t really like. 
I went into a music shop to try a bass last week and immediately scooped out the mids and tried a Less Than Jake song, I don’t think people do that often! 

• Like 1