Why become a member? ×

Overwater Aspiration Deluxe 5 String Fretless - NBD coming so £400 anyone? Price includes postage! TRADES WELCOME - *SOLD*
£465
Lowestoft

carlsim

I am moving on my Overwater Aspiration Deluxe (the Tanglewood manufactured ones) 5 string fretless in Trans red.

It's in lovely condition, no marks or dings and comes with a soft gig bag. Postage available to be paid by buyer.

I got this bass as I wanted a 5 string fretless with an aim to convert it to fretless - I was aiming for an unlined look but it didn't quite end up that way. You can see the defret process here:

Anyway... the defret process was done very carefully and slots were filled with rosewood veneer, sanded and oiled - it plays really nicely. The only reason I am looking to sell is because an unlined 5 string fretless has come up for sale near me and GAS has taken over!

These are great basses and look the part - build quality is excellent. There are loads of posts about these and many people comment about how great these are - I just want an unlined fretless.

If the one I am after sells I will likely withdraw it from sale.

Pop me any questions.

Carl. 

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0215.JPG

IMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0217.JPG

Edited by carlsim
  • Like 11

I had a factory lined fretless Deluxe in the same see thru red. Only sold it as part of a cull when I relocated 250 miles south. Fantastic basses these Deluxes (and the Elites)

and this fretless conversion of yours looks very clean. Excellent job! 

GLWTS! 

Screenshot_20231121_195605_Photos.thumb.jpg.519b0a4ae9a11add925d961995a6e802.jpg

• Like 3

definitely 35" scale - although a quick measurement tells me it's between and 34 and 35 - it's 44cm from the nut to the 12th fret which is 17.3228 inches giving 34.6 roughly... 

saying that, the typical overwater design is 35" scale i think... which is what this based on.

Someone may want to chirp in on this?

18 hours ago, dub_junkie said:

I had a factory lined fretless Deluxe in the same see thru red. Only sold it as part of a cull when I relocated 250 miles south. Fantastic basses these Deluxes (and the Elites)

and this fretless conversion of yours looks very clean. Excellent job! 

GLWTS! 

thanks for the positive comments - it was a labour of love for someone who has a tendency to cut corners! 
I was well chuffed with the end result - I just am hankering after an unlined board…

• carlsim changed the title to Overwater Aspiration Deluxe 5 String Fretless - NBD coming so £400 anyone?
On 30/11/2023 at 21:49, BreadBin said:

Can I ask the bridge spacing please?

Hi BreadBin,

String spacing at the bridge is 19mm… actually looks more like 18mm!

Edited by carlsim

• carlsim changed the title to Overwater Aspiration Deluxe 5 String Fretless - NBD coming so £400 anyone? Price includes postage! TRADES WELCOME
  • 2 weeks later...
  • carlsim changed the title to Overwater Aspiration Deluxe 5 String Fretless - sold