Why become a member? ×

Bargain strings if you like 'em heavy.

Johncee

50 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

I got mine on Tuesday. Cost £12.95, sold by Amazon. Already used the code printed on the bag for the D'Addario Player's Circle account and it was accepted. Totally legit.

The ones I'm talking about aren't sold by Amazon. They're on the Amazon site but from a 3rd party and not from the Amazon warehouse. Mrs Pup got conned last year buying some perfume from what looked like a legit seller and it turned out to be fake. 

On 18/11/2023 at 16:22, Mudpup said:

The £16 heavy gauge NYXL strings on Amazon all seem to be sold from stores full of hair straighteners and various other popular counterfeit items. Check the storefronts before you spend money....I'm suspicious and sure they're going to be fakes 

Going off the recent comments all of the strings bought following the OP link seem to be legit at £13.  I didn't carry out much due diligence when I ordered mine off Amazon but they arrived today and are legit.  I'm sure you get lots of knock offs sold via Amazon but in this instance the D'Addario strings seem fine.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

Going off the recent comments all of the strings bought following the OP link seem to be legit at £13.  I didn't carry out much due diligence when I ordered mine off Amazon but they arrived today and are legit.  I'm sure you get lots of knock offs sold via Amazon but in this instance the D'Addario strings seem fine.

Ditto: mine took a while to come, but 100% kosher. Hope I didn't do anything incorrect by posting the link in the original post. Just thought it would be of interest to others. These genuine bargains/pricing anomalies do pop up from time to time on Amazon.😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Johncee said:

Hope I didn't do anything incorrect by posting the link in the original post. Just thought it would be of interest to others. These genuine bargains/pricing anomalies do pop up from time to time on Amazon.😊

Helping fellow bassists out can't be doing any wrong in my book.  ;)  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Once I deciphered the Player's Circle codes (8s and Bs are identical!) all of them registered, so I suspect all were legit.

Man, I had the same problem with the 8s and Bs. Drove me effing nuts when I tried to register them.

They really look almost the same.

P_20231120_173023.thumb.jpg.908d29434b87ff5c6a9aaa70f73b1529.jpg