Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Lyte 1996 50th Anniversary Made in Japan - *SOLD*
£500
Skipton

troubadour

In my quest for a lightweight bass I recently acquired this beauty . . .

. . . but despite the obvious uptick in quality compared to my usual Squier fayre I just haven't got on with it.

So I'm letting it go again for the, I think, very reasonable sum of £500, on condition that . . .

. . . you can come and collect from sunny Skipton or I'm happy to drive 45 minutes in any direction from Skipton to meet you or I can drop it off if you live on the route of my weekly trip from Skipton to Chesterfield.

A few details. Well it's a nice colour, has chrome hardware (I'm not a gold fan), it's in very good condition and it weighs just over 3.5kg which is just under 7lbs 12oz.

It still has all four of its "F" knob covers and you can read the writing on the pups.

There is one small mark to the rear of the neck, pictured, which is behind the 11th fret on the high side. It really is not much though.

New battery just fitted btw.

IMG_1371b.jpg

IMG_1377b.jpg

IMG_1376b.jpg

IMG_1375b.jpg

IMG_1374b.jpg

IMG_1373b.jpg

IMG_1372b.jpg

IMG_1378.jpeg

IMG_1379.jpeg

IMG_1380.jpeg

Edited by troubadour
Sold
  • Like 10

55 minutes ago, Mickeyboro said:

@casapete gigs one of these. That is a recommendation!

Indeed I do Mick thank you! This bass is identical to mine, and if I didn’t already have a spare 
I would have this in an instant. Yorkshire lad selling it too!

For me these are an ideal gigging workhorse. Great Japanese build quality and such an easy 

playing slim neck, along with non bulky body / weight. Can’t recommend this enough, and 

at a great price too. GLWTS.

• Like 3

• troubadour changed the title to Fender Precision Lyte 1996 50th Anniversary Made in Japan
23 hours ago, casapete said:

Indeed I do Mick thank you! This bass is identical to mine, and if I didn’t already have a spare 
I would have this in an instant. Yorkshire lad selling it too!

For me these are an ideal gigging workhorse. Great Japanese build quality and such an easy 

playing slim neck, along with non bulky body / weight. Can’t recommend this enough, and 

at a great price too. GLWTS.

I remember when you were playing at Fields Of Gold as well as us last year, and I was asking what bass you were using as the tone was great.

I would definitely recommend one of these to anyone and if I was in the market for a bass I’d snap this up. 

• Like 2

• troubadour changed the title to SOLD Fender Precision Lyte 1996 50th Anniversary Made in Japan