Why become a member? ×

October Composition Challenge

lurksalot

Pheww!   I very nearly didn't post this.  Had loads of probs recording this track kinda rushed and had lots off probs with distortion on the mix.  And not happy with take etc ! Ahhh well here goes enjoy 👍.  

Listen to she said demo 2.wav by Tony Mcvey on #SoundCloud

Edited by Tony macker
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tony macker said:

Pheww!   I very nearly didn't post this.  Had loads of probs recording this track kinda rushed and had lots off probs with distortion on the mix.  And not happy with take etc ! Ahhh well here goes enjoy 👍.  

Listen to she said demo 2.wav by Tony Mcvey on #SoundCloud
https://on.soundcloud.com/sCVd9

Again, embedded for ease of access (What's happening to this embedding stuff..? Is it all iPhones and the like that don't do it, or what..? :/ )

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 2

Ok I made it again this month.

By the look of the poor girl and the state of that house, there could be only one theme for this one... home renovation. I present 'Grand Designs'!

I used a delay idea I'd been thinking about for a while - this seemed a good project to try it out. I think it does what I wanted it to. I'm really unhappy with the vocal, but had to do lay it down in one take due to time (and noise!) constraints this month.
The tech stuff: Guitar (PRS 513) and bass (Ibanez EHB1506MS) recorded through my Line6 Helix. Drums from EZDrummer. Backing vocal is from Ethera, Organs are NI Vintage Organs; screeching sound effect is from uHe Diva. The delay (there are seven different ones in this track!) are all EchoBoy or EchoBoy JR, and reverb is Exponential's wonderful R4. Mastering courtesy of Oxygen 8, all in Cubase 12. 

• Like 3

Hello, another member of the 'Disappointed With My Vocal Club' here. Tried to sound scary, ended up sounding like Malcolm McLaren 🙃

Our cheeky little heroine is off to school. Dunno how much work she'll get done, what with the mischievous and otherworldly nature of her classmates. They all seem a bit, well, y'know, rapaciously ravenous. She may well fall in with the wrong crowd, if she hasn't already...

Recorded with Wavepad, Audacity and a Roland Micro Cube. Unbranded guitar using open C tuning with some delay in places, P-bass copy, Yamaha YPT240 keyboard, MT Drums and a handful of samples for screams and noises.

Vox for those that are interested.

Spoiler

Growing up fast, too old for the creche

First day at ghoul school, lunchbox full of human flesh

Takes her seat at the back of the class

Teacher is performing a Satanic mass

A fiendish apparition and a poltergeist

Are chanting incantations for the Antichrist

The banshee wails, a zombie cries

This blood-thirsty class wants to eat human pies

The pupils aren't here to learn how to read and write

They're getting pretty hungry and are ready to bite

Somebody warn the naive new geography teacher

You'd better get out quickly or they're gonna eat'cha!

Dinner is unnerved

Ghoul School

Ghoul School

Ghoul School

Edited by upside downer

Off we jolly well go then, some great work in this month's collection , fantastic.

Welcome to the new songsmiths who have contributed this month , all are welcome.

Just a quick note .. Tripehound told me his song was pretty much written before the start of the month, though recorded this month. That is why it's not in the voting thread, though I'm hoping he will join in due course.

Edited by lurksalot