Why become a member? ×

Bluey (incognito) Matt Cooper/Jim Mullen/Francis Hylton. Citrus Sun..

bubinga5

4 hours ago, 2pods said:

Don't remember Jim in the AWB "classic" years (Show Your Hand, AWB, Cut the Cake, etc)

Maybe it was later on, but he made a fine noise with his Morrisey Mullen band.

Very funky

I think it was mostly gigs and/or tours later on.

And of course, there was this live album below. Both Morrisey and Mullen are on it.

"AWB is chosen to form the nucleus of Atlantic’s All-Stars at The Montreux Jazz Festival. The live album from the festival is released later that year; the highlight being a big band version of 'Pieces' arranged and conducted by Arif Mardin, The all-star line-up includes Randy and Michael Brecker, Don Ellis, Herbie Mann, Sonny Fortune, Jim Mullen, Richard Morrisey. (Phil Collins commissioned the same arrangement from Arif Mardin in the late nineties for his big band Montreux appearance).   

• Like 2

I was extremely fortunate to work with Mr Jim Mullen sometime ago while I was in Gary Boyle's band. An amazing musician (as is Gary) & an all around top guy. We've remained friends & follow each other on Facebook through our various music projects. 

• Like 3

This is mind bending Jazz Funk (imo). Jim Mullens playing is way out there. Its all fantastic but from 4.00 onward especially.  I love the way he changes from light electric guitar playing to straight aggressive electric on the switch of a pedal. That is some fantastic interesting change of feel guitar from this guy.. Side band for Incognito of course.

Edited by bubinga5
  • Like 1