Why become a member? ×

What distortion/other effect is on this bass line?

Clarky

59 minutes ago, Downunderwonder said:

Ls2 has no phase adjustment. Distortions and chorus commonly return 180° out. Bad juju blending.

Pretty far from commonly in my experience, I have tried this with several different drive pedals and never experienced any issues like this.

Yes, distortion pedals that inverse the phase absolutely does exist, but really rather an uncommon than common issue.

But just to be safe you could get the EHX Switchblade Pro Deluxe, EHX Tri Parallel Mixer, the One Control Mosquito Blender Trail, or the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Signal Blender, though these options are all a bit more expensive than the Boss LS-2, but unlike the LS-2 all with the option of inverting the phase of the effect loop(s) (though the phase inverter switch of the Switchblade Pro Deluxe is located inside the pedal, so one will have to open the pedal to switch it on).

The most compact of these, is all you need is adding a clean bend to a one distortion pedal, would be the One Control one.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

9 minutes ago, Baloney Balderdash said:

Yes, distortion pedals that inverse phase does exist, but not really a common issue by any length, uncommonly would be more in line with actual reality.

I'd not say it was an uncommon problem.

Unless you can check out the schematic of the pedal you're trying to use it can be a bit of a crap shoot as to whether the phase is preserved or inverted.  I have an LPB-1 in my effects box which I've had to use a few times over the years to correct phase issues in my LS-2 loop with noise pedals.

Most recent one that springs to mind is the 'boutique' version of the Blueberry Bass Overdive which inverts phase.

YMMV, of course.

8 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Aside from grounding messed up you have the problem that when the pedal is off it's inverted.

Not if it's sits in an effect loop that only gets switched on/is in the signal chain when the pedal is in use, which would be the case here (the whole reason why the reverse phase is an issue in the first place).

But, yes, still not a viable solution.

Edited by Baloney Balderdash