Why become a member? ×

What's on Your Shopping List?

Linus27

7 hours ago, Cato said:

I've heard that they can feel a bit weird and take a bit of gettting used to

The Epiphone suggestion is a good idea, I might try one in a shop to test how likely I am to get on with a full fat version that I may have to buy unseen.

If you do want to jump straight into the Gibson idea, there’s a 2003 Firebird V in sunburst currently listed

on Facebook for £1600. Comes with the proper case, seller is in Gateshead. ( No connection to me.)

• Like 1

My band in it's current form will end at the end of this year so I don't want to buy anything at this moment. However, if I happen to be fortunate enough to still be playing next year then I would really like a Musicman SR5 with ceramic pickup. Ideally in Lava Pearl if I can find another one (or my old one) at the right price

I am pleased to say I am not actually gassing for anything bass related for the first time in many years! I still want a Gretsch White Falcon but that has been gassing away in the background since the 1980's when Billy Duffy turned up sporting one and looking ultra cool with it!

On 21/07/2023 at 17:05, 2pods said:

22" -  23" scale lap steel  for C6 tuning, or 8 string for poor man's pedal steel 

Well, that didn't take long. 

A quick trip to Reverb, and £100

I'll change it to a Yamaha LS16M ARE, as my LL16R is getting a bit too big for me

Edited by 2pods

Top of my list is a compressor pedal, probably a Boss CS-3 but I might stretch to a CP-1X. I just sold my Höfner bass so it might be ordered soon.

Also one of those lithium power packs, something with a nice clean output to use with an amp.

If I somehow come into a pile of cash, I'd love a Hagström H8 II.