Why become a member? ×

NPD - 4 On The Floor

stewblack

IMG_20230713_210239.thumb.jpg.c6edbd43f7610d3ad9bd7f951037c683.jpg

I'm after a low gain overdrive, not a special effect but an always on pedal to gently warm and break up my clean sound.

I've tried (and liked) several, but get them in a band mix, and they all add an unlooked for 'fizz' to the sound.

This Genzler pedal is the latest in a long line.

Ticks all the boxes: clean mix, controls for amount of drive and level, a switch to increase / decrease drive sensitivity, and four different drive intensities.

But the joker in this already impressive pack is the tone control. Two filters, one high pass, one low pass. Could this be the solution to my fizzy problem?

Well, I'll let you know after the weekend, but the early indications are very promising.

• Like 8

The Genzler pedals are great. I use one (4 On The Floor) as an “always on”, together with a Genzler Re-Q. 

I have  found that this combination can cope with almost any eq and drive challenges in the bands that I play in.

The music styles that I play don’t call for extreme drive requirements, but Genzler has that covered as well (Crash Box 4, I believe).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Albert Derrida said:

I like mine but I find the "Drive Select" switch veeeery subtle.

I would think it would naturally be so on relatively lower gain and/or relatively higher clean mix settings, and be more prominent and obvious the more gain and the more drive is added to the mix. 

Also I would think the difference between respectively the mainly even and mainly odd harmonics drive settings to be most obvious (forgot which drive setting number is what).

Edited by Baloney Balderdash